How to get started with online banking
If you have a BMO Debit Card or credit card, you can quickly and securely set up online banking.
FAQs for online banking setup
- I’m now set up, how do I sign in to BMO Online Banking?Sign in with your debit or credit card here. In future when you go to bmo.com, the Sign-in button is in the top right corner. Select Online Banking from the drop down menu.
- I’ve forgotten my online banking password. Now what?If you use a BMO Debit Card to sign in to online banking, have an email address on file with us and have created challenge questions, you can reset your password by following these steps:
If you have trouble with the online reset, we’d be happy to help – please call us at 1-888-226-7831.
- I entered my temporary password incorrectly during my password reset and my access is suspended. Now what?Start the Forgot my password process again to get another temporary password emailed to you. Tip: you may find it easier to copy and paste the temporary password instead of retyping it.
- How do I change my online banking password?To change your password, sign in to BMO Online Banking and follow these steps:
- How do I change my challenge/security questions?To review and change your challenge/security questions, sign in to BMO Online Banking and follow these steps:
Now that you’ve set up online banking, take the next step
*Subject to interruptions in telecommunications or online systems or in power supply or any other factor beyond the control of Bank of Montreal.