How to set up Google Pay:
Step 1 - Get the app
Get the app
Step 2 - Add a BMO® credit or debit card
Add a BMO® credit or debit card
If you already have a BMO card in your Google account, you can add it to Google Pay easily by confirming a few details. Or, you can add a new BMO card by snapping a picture.1
Step 3 - Start tapping!
Just wake up your phone and tap to use Google Pay at all merchants that accept contactless payments.
Keep Earning Rewards
If you earn AIR MILES®† Reward Miles, CashBack® rewards or BMO Rewards Points on your BMO Mastercard®*, you'll continue to earn them when you use Google Pay.
Enjoy peace of mind while you pay.
- When you pay with Google Pay, your actual card number isn’t shared with the store. Instead, we use a virtual account number to represent your card – so your info stays safe and secure.
- If your phone is ever lost or stolen, you can use Android Device Manager to instantly lock it from anywhere, secure it with a new password, or wipe it clean of personal data.
- You’re protected from unauthorized credit card purchases with Mastercard Zero Liability.
- You’re protected from unauthorized debit card purchases with our 100% Electronic Banking Guarantee.
- You can easily keep track of your card activity through the BMO Mobile Banking App.