How can a Financial Planner help me
- How much money do I need to work with a BMO Financial Planner?We work with people who have a minimum of $100,000 in investible assets.
- What information do I need to provide to get started?
To understand your current finances, please bring the as many of following to your first meeting:
- Investment statements (RRSP, RRIF, RESP, TFSA, Non-registered, etc.)
- Net worth statement (list of property assets and liabilities)
- Employer pension statement and/or Individual Pension Plan statement
- Canada Pension Plan (CPP) or Quebec Pension Plan (QPP) statement
- Personal loan, mortgage and/or line of credit statements (including the most recent statement)
- Personal budget (list of income and expenses)
- Most recent Notice of Assessment and/or T4
- Life insurance policy
- Power of attorney, wills and other relevant legal documentation
- If you have a financial plan that was created in the past, please bring that as well
- Do I need to visit a BMO branch to work with a Financial Planner?You can start the process by calling us or having a Financial Planner contact you. Then you can decide if you’d like to meet in person or discuss your plan through email. You may still need to visit a branch to sign documents in person.