If you paid a bill through BMO Online or Mobile Banking, Telephone Banking or at a branch from a bank account, you can cancel the payment by signing in to BMO Online Banking
1. Click Payments & Transfers in the navigation menu at the top.
2. Select Cancel a Payment in the left hand navigation menu.
3. Select the payment you’d like to cancel by clicking on the box next to the item (you’ll see a checkmark appear).
4. Click Verify Cancellation.
5. Confirm that you’ve selected the right bill.
6. Click Cancel Payment.
7. You’ll see a confirmation that the cancellation is complete.
Bill payments can be cancelled if the payment was made the same day, before 11:00 p.m. (ET). Bill payments made after 11:00 p.m. (ET) can be cancelled up to 11:00 p.m. (ET) the following day.
If you missed the deadline to cancel the payment, and would like to request a refund of your payment, follow these steps:
1. Click Payments & Transfers.
2. Select Investigate a Bill Payment in the left hand navigation menu.
Bill payments made at a branch by cash or from your account to a BMO credit card or BMO Line of Credit can be cancelled by visiting the branch.