Buy your dream home with aBMO jumbo mortgage
Our BMO Mortgage Bankers can guide you through the process.
Buy your dream
home with a
BMO jumbo mortgage
Our BMO Mortgage Bankers can guide you through the process.
What is a jumbo loan?
Jumbo mortgage loans may be necessary if you’ve got your eye on something big. That’s because jumbo loans are for loan amounts greater than $726,200 1Footnote 1 (basically, you borrow more than a standard mortgage).
Why is a BMO jumbo loan right for me?
With a BMO jumbo mortgage, you can enjoy big benefits. Our jumbo loans offer:
- Fixed and adjustable interest rates
- Low costs on closing
- Extended rate lock program 2 Footnote 2
- Up to 89.99% loan to value ratio
- No Private Mortgage Insurance required
Get an interest rate discount of up to 0.25% on a jumbo mortgage for qualifying customers.3Footnote 3
Get up to $500 off closing costs with Auto Pay4Footnote 4
BMO Harris Smart Money™ Account
BMO Harris Smart Advantage™ Account
BMO Harris Select Checking® registered Account5Footnote 5
BMO Harris Premier™ Account
BMO Harris Portfolio Checking® registered Account5Footnote 5
Five Steps to a Smoother Mortgage Process6Footnote 6
You need to:
Speak with a BMO Mortgage Banker
Share information about your income, savings, investments, credit history and debts
Inform you of the amount of the loan for which you prequalify and provide you a prequalification letter
Discuss products, interest rate options and closing costs
Identify the product(s) that best fits your financial needs and goals
Schedule an appointment for the application interview
Identify required documentation and the amount of the deposit needed to process your application
When you choose BMO for your mortgage financing needs, you'll have the resources of an experienced financial lender, as well as the assistance of a professional Mortgage Banker who will walk you through each step and help you understand the process.
Provide basic information to your banker including your social security number, your income, loan amount, property address and value of the property to be mortgaged
Select a product
Receive and review the Loan Estimate sent by BMO. The Loan Estimate provides our good faith estimate of the interest rate on the loan, your monthly payments, closing costs and other items that help you decide if this loan is right for you.
Complete your mortgage application. This will include information about your employment history, income savings, investments, debts and the property you wish to purchase or refinance.
Confirm your preferred method for communication and receipt of documentation
Review the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) Your Home Loan Tool Kit that we send you. Review and sign the application documentation.
Provide your intent to proceed and submit your application and application deposit. Your intent to proceed must be received before your application deposit will be accepted.
Determine who should be contacted to gain access to the property and the best time to schedule the appointment with the appraiser
Identify any additional documentation that may be required to render a credit decision
Deliver the complete application package to the BMO mortgage application processing team
While we will provide you with a Loan Estimate based on preliminary information, we will need additional information to further process your request, including:
- Realtor and attorney contact information
- Documentation about your income such as salary, earnings and wages (for example W-2s, alimony, investment income, social security)
- Most recent two years’ federal income tax returns
- Verification of employment if employed
- Most recent three months’ bank and investment statements — all pages
- Purchase contract and any and all addendums for the property you are buying
Identify any additional documentation needed to process the loan and render a credit decision— confirm how and when it will be received
Order the appraisal, flood certification, title commitment and private mortgage insurance certificate
- The appraisal will be completed by a state-licensed and/or certified appraiser
Send you a copy of the appraisal
Once the appraisal is complete, the application can move into the next step of the process. Ensure that your appraisal appointment is scheduled promptly and kept as agreed. Promptly provide BMO with any additional documentation required to render a credit decision.
Review all employment, income, savings, investments and debt
Compare information on the application to paystubs, W-2 forms, tax returns, bank and investment statements, etc. to determine that sufficient income and funds are available for down payment, closing costs and reserves
Review the credit report to determine outstanding debt, payment history and your current credit score
Review the appraisal to confirm the market value and determine if the property represents sufficient collateral for the loan
Determine that qualification requirements are met to approve the loan
Deliver the Commitment Letter and identify any closing conditions, if the loan is approved
Provide updated regulatory disclosures
Secure and provide evidence of homeowners (or “hazard”) insurance and flood insurance (if required) coverage for the property being purchased or refinanced
Review, sign and return any applicable documents or disclosures that are provided to you by BMO
When you receive the Commitment Letter, updated regulatory disclosures if applicable and appraisal, please review these documents. Identify any conditions required for closing. The loan can be scheduled for closing once BMO has received all required information.
Review and confirm all loan terms and closing conditions
Identify a convenient date, time and location for the closing
Schedule the closing with the title company
Order pay-off letters, subordinations, releases, etc. and clear all closing conditions
Send your Closing Disclosure for your review at least three business days prior to closing
Prepare and deliver the closing documents to the title company and coordinate final figures for closing; wire the loan proceeds to the title company
Provide information on final funds needed for closing and the method of payment required
Attend the closing at the BMO Harris branch or title company as scheduled and sign all mortgage and legal documents
Provide final funds for closing if required. This information will be detailed in the Closing Disclosure.
- When you attend the closing, bring a legal form of identification (driver’s license, state I.D., passport, etc.) and the necessary final funds in the form of a cashier’s check or secured funds
- Confirm with your Mortgage Banker or the title company if funds will need to be wired from your bank to the title company's bank
- Compare the Closing Disclosure to the Loan Estimate
- Contact your Mortgage Banker in advance of the closing if you have any questions
Discover how easy it is to apply online
Our online application is a quick and easy way to apply for a mortgage. You can access your application from any device, upload documents and check your loan status, getting notifications throughout the process. Watch this video to learn how fast, simple and secure your application can be.Play video
Helpful tips and advice for homebuyers
We offer a range of payment options to help you conveniently make your payment on time, every month. Each is safe and secure 9 Footnote 9 — just choose what’s easiest for you.
- Auto pay4 Footnote 4 from your BMO checking account
- BMO Digital Banking®,10 registered, Footnote 10
- BMO Harris Bank by Phone®,11 registered, footnote 11
- In person at your choice of 600+ BMO Harris locations
- By mail
Compare loans and crunch the numbers with our calculators 7,8 Footnote 7,8 .
*footnote * details,Special offers are subject to change. The closing cost discount offer is available on purchase applications received from February 1, 2023 through May 31, 2023. The closing cost discount offer consists of an $800, $1,300 or $1,500 closing cost discount depending on loan amount and a $500 Auto Pay closing cost discount. They are available subject to the following:
Closing Cost Discount: The closing cost discount may be applied to the purchase mortgage at closing. It is available for conforming or jumbo loans (loans in excess of $726,200) secured by 1-4 unit homes used as primary or secondary residences and investment properties. Loan amounts up to $399,999 qualify for an $800 closing cost discount, loan amounts between $400,000 and $999,999 qualify for a $1,300 closing cost discount and loan amounts of $1,000,000 or greater, qualify for an $1,500 closing cost discount. This closing cost discount does not apply to refinances.
Auto Pay Closing Cost Discount: The Auto Pay closing cost discount is available when you authorize BMO to withdraw your loan payment each month from an eligible BMO checking account using Auto Pay. Closing cost discount of $500 with Auto Pay from your BMO Harris Smart Money, trademark, Account, BMO Harris Smart Advantage, trademark, Account, BMO Harris Select Checking, registered trademark, account, BMO Harris Premier, trademark, Account or BMO Harris Portfolio Checking, registered trademark, account. FHA and State Bond Program loans do not require Auto Pay to receive this discount.
- Footnote 1, details Jumbo loans are loans greater than $726,200. Loan limits are subject to change.
- Footnote 2, detailsCertain restrictions and fees may apply.
- Footnote 3, details Applicant must meet one of the eligibility requirements in to order to receive the relationship pricing discount: New or existing Private Bank client discount of up to 0.25%; new or existing Premier Services client discount of up to 0.25%; new or existing BMO Harris client with at least $100,000 in BMO Harris deposit accounts discount of up to 0.125% (including trust accounts titled in the name of the Applicant) at the time of closing after all related closing costs have been applied. FHA loans do not require Auto Pay to receive this discount. State Bond Program loans are not eligible for the Auto Pay closing cost discount.
- Footnote 4, details Auto Pay means periodic scheduled payments automatically deducted from your BMO Harris checking account, as applicable, to pay the loan. When you sign up for Auto Pay, you authorize the Bank to draw your account for all amounts then due, including any late fees and any other charges. Checking account opening subject to bank approval.
- Footnote 5, details The closing cost discount is available when you authorize BMO to withdraw your loan payment each month from an eligible BMO checking account using Auto Pay. Closing cost discount of $500 with Auto Pay from your BMO Harris Smart Money™ trademark Account, BMO Harris Smart Advantage™ trademark Account, BMO Harris Select Checking® registered account, BMO Harris Premier™ trademark Account or BMO Harris Portfolio Checking® registered account. FHA loans do not require Auto Pay to receive this discount. State Bond Program loans are not eligible for the Auto Pay closing cost discount.
- Footnote 6, details This is an overview of the general steps to the mortgage process. This is not a complete description of the mortgage process, and there may be other requirements that apply. This information is not intended to be tax or legal advice. BMO does not provide tax or legal advice and you should consult your tax or legal advisor for tax and legal advice. The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau offers additional home buying resources. You may visit http://www.consumerfinance.gov/owning-a-home/loan-options/ for more information.
- Footnote 8, details You should always talk to your BMO Mortgage Banker to determine the product that is right for you. The calculator headings are merely labels for your convenience. The calculator results are estimates only and should not be construed as advice or a recommendation.
- Footnote 9, details Visit the BMO Harris Security Center for details.
- Footnote 10, details Certain conditions and limitations apply. Digital Banking Guarantees apply to personal accounts only and do not apply to commercial or business accounts. Please see the BMO Digital Banking Agreement found at bmo.com/en-us/legal for full details.
- Footnote 11, details Message and data rates apply. Please contact your wireless carrier for details.
- The Secure and Fair Enforcement (S.A.F.E.) for Mortgage Licensing Act protects consumers. This nationwide licensing and registration system provides accurate, accessible information about lenders and their employees.
Apply for your Mortgage now!
Here’s all you need to get your application started:
- Your Social Security Number
- Details on your assets and income
We’ll guide you through the rest.
A mortgage banker will be available throughout the process to answer any questions you have and will follow up after you have submitted your application.
Give us a call
Give us a call to ask us any questions or apply by phone.
Monday to Thursday 8 AM to 7 PM (Central Time), Friday 8 AM to 6 PM (Central Time), Saturday 8 AM to 1 PM (Central Time)