You're guaranteed coverage as long as you can confirm you don't have a Serious IllnessSerious Illness:
(a) In the 5 years prior to the Effective Date, you have been diagnosed with or had symptoms of heart disease, stroke, high blood pressure (greater than 160/110), diabetes mellitus requiring insulin, chronic renal disease, chronic obstructive pulmonary/lung disease (COPD/COLD) [e.g. chronic bronchitis or emphysema], cirrhosis of the liver, cancer (all types, including leukemia, Hodgkin's disease, lymphoma) or hepatitis C; or
(b) Prior to or on the Effective Date you were under treatment or medication for any of the conditions listed in (a) other than high blood pressure; or
(c) Prior to or on the Effective date, you had a positive HIV test or were treated, counselled or told that you have AIDS (acquired immune deficiency syndrome), or any other immunological disorder [such as systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE, lupus)]; or
(d) Prior to or on the Effective Date, you have been told you have or you have received treatment for dementia including Alzheimer's, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS, Lou Gehrig's disease), multiple sclerosis (MS), Parkinson's, cystic fibrosis or muscular dystrophy.. In addition to your insurance benefit, you also have access to the Helping Hands open new tab to learn about helping hands®footnote dagger † health and wellness assistance program.
- Canadian residents ages 50 to 80
- You're automatically approved if you can sign a declaration of health that says you have no Serious Illness
- Benefit levels range from $5,000 to $50,000
- Immediate coverage from the day we receive your completed application and you provide a declaration you don't have a Serious Illness
- Get confidential 24/7 support from the Helping Hands program while the policy is in force
- Provides a tax-free cash benefitfootnote 2 paid to your beneficiary following your death
- You have a 30-day free look, cancel any time within the first 30 days with no further obligation
Get a quote Step 1/2
What's not covered
This information is only a summary. Actual terms, exclusions and limitations are explained in the policy. A sample policy document can be viewed here Open new tab to access EasyOne Life policy PDF.
How to buy
Have a licensed insurance advisor contact you
- 1-Service provided by Helping Hands if you pass away more than 200 km from your Canadian residence. Arrangement will cover transportation of remains to your Canadian residence.
- 2-Under current tax legislation. Any interest earned during the claims process may be taxable.