“I'm young and in great shape, so why do I need life insurance?" If that sounds familiar, welcome to the club ― 27 per cent of surveyed Canadians feel their good health gives them a free pass to bypass a life insurance policy.Footnote 1
But as you may know, you only live once. Only in this context, we mean it in the literal sense. Aging and health concerns probably shouldn't be the only triggers for wanting to create a safety net. Perhaps you're about to go through a major milestone, you have student loan debt or you just want to be prepared in case something happens.
Below discover 10 other reasons why you may want to look into insurance options sooner rather than later.
1. You have no idea how or when you'll pay off your student loans.
2. You enjoy the occasional vape.
Can we help?
Have one of our licensed insurance advisors
get in touch with you.
Request a call
3. You think sunscreen will only get in the way of your tan.
4. You met the one.
5. You think bacon is a major food group.
6. You accidentally spent the cash from your student loan on the latest designer purse (from every season)!
7. You're accident prone.
8. You're about to pull all-nighters — changing diapers.
9. Your doctor doesn't remember who you are.
10. You just applied for a 20-year mortgage. (Or was it 30?).
If you're still unconvinced about the importance of life insurance, remember that life insurance may help your loved ones manage debt and expenses on their own should something happen to you.
And if the majority of these images feel like they were ripped from your Instagram feed? You may want to look into not only life insurance, but also other options, such as critical illness and accidental disability insurance.
Thinking about getting additional insurance? Get a quote today.
Ready to Explore?
Return to footnote 1 referrerBMO Insurance study conducted online by Pollara with a random survey sample of 1,002 Canadians 18 years of age, between October 22 and 24, 2014.
These comments are general in nature and should not be construed to be legal or tax advice, as each client’s situation is different.
Please consult your own legal and tax advisor.