If you’re sick, the last thing you want to think about is financial obligations. A serious illness
The following are definitions of the covered
illnesses under the Policy:
Heart Attack (Myocardial Infarction)- the death of a portion of heart muscle as a result of inadequate blood supply as evidenced by a) new electrocardiographic (ECG) changes indicative of a myocardial infarction, and by b) the elevation of cardiac biochemical markers to levels considered diagnostic for infarction. Heart attack during coronary angioplasty is covered provided that there are diagnostic changes of new Q wave infarction on the ECG in addition to elevation of cardiac markers.
Stroke (Cerebrovascular Accident)- a cerebrovascular event producing neurological sequelae lasting more than 30 days and caused by intracranial thrombosis or hemorrhage, or embolism from an extra-cranial source. There must be evidence of measureable, objective neurological deficit.
Cancer (Life-Threatening)- a tumour characterized by the uncontrolled growth and spread of malignant cells and the invasion of tissue. like a Heart Attack, Stroke or Cancer can cause financial strain, especially if you’re no longer able to work. Life Recovery Plus is a critical illness insurance that can help ease the burden.
- Get a tax-free cash benefit footnote 1 to give your finances time to recover so you can focus on getting better
- Receive cash benefits to help find the best medical treatments, replace lost income or cover expenses any way you choose
- If you can provide a declaration of health footnote 5, your acceptance is guaranteed even if your family has a history of Heart Attack, Stroke or Cancer
- Get free access to leading global medical specialists through the Best Doctors® program footnote 2 so you make the right decisions about your care
Choose from two levels of coverage
|Enhanced Plan||Basic Plan|
|Receive cash payment on diagnosis of covered illness and survives 30 days||$12,000||$6,000|
|Receive monthly cash payments on diagnosis of covered illness and survives for 30 days||$12,000 ($1000/month for 12 months or until death, if earlier)||$6,000 ($500/month for 12 months or until death, if earlier)|
|Receive cash each day footnote 3 of hospitalization within two years of diagnosis||$200 a day for up to 100 days Up to $20,000||$100 a day for up to 100 days Up to $10,000|
|Receive cash payment for surgerySurgery- means a surgical procedure which is recommended and performed by a Doctor in relation to the Covered Illness which has qualified you to receive the Diagnosis Benefit. related to diagnosis within two years of diagnosis||$6,000||$3,000|
|Total cash benefits:||Up to $50,000||Up to $25,000|
- Receive tax-free benefits if you’re diagnosed with a Heart Attack, Stroke or Life-Threatening Cancer
- Get access to the Best Doctors® program Get details about the best doctors program.
- You’re immediately covered as soon as your completed application is received and your first premium is paid
- Special discounts available to spouses* and non-smokers**
*Spousal – if you and your spouse enroll at the same time, we will reduce your spouse's premium by $0.95 per month.
**Non-smokers – you qualify for a discount if you have not used any tobacco, nicotine substitutes or marijuana in the past 12 months.
quote Step 1/2
What's not covered
This insurance product will not cover you if, before the policy became effective, you received treatment or saw a doctor for any sign, symptom or medical problem that later leads to a diagnosis of a covered illness. You also will not receive benefits if:
- You were previously diagnosed with a covered illness.
- You get or are diagnosed with a covered illness within six months of your policy's start date or are diagnosed with a positive HIV test, diabetes, heart disease, cancer, hepatitis, hepatitis carrier state, chronic kidney disease, permanent Paralysis or transient ischemic attack (TIA) footnote 4.
- Before the policy became effective, you are diagnosed with a positive HIV test, diabetes, heart disease, cancer, hepatitis, hepatitis carrier state, chronic kidney disease, permanent Paralysis or transient ischemic attack (TIA) footnote 4.
- You have carcinoma in situ, Stage 1A malignant melanoma, any non-melanoma skin cancer that has not metastasized, Stage A (T1a or T1b) prostate cancer or any tumour if you also have HIV.
- You don't follow relevant medical advice you receive either before, or within six months after, your policy becomes effective
- You give false, incorrect or incomplete information needed to assess if you're eligible for this insurance coverage.
The Surgery Benefit isn't payable for diagnostic surgery, including biopsy or aspiration or if your hospital stay is shorter than 24 hours, unless the surgery is for a lumpectomy, mastectomy or breast reconstruction.
This information is only a summary. Actual terms, exclusions and limitations are explained in the policy.
- Canadian residents ages 18 to 60 can enroll
- Coverage until your 70th birthday as long as you continue to pay your premiums
- If you provide a declaration of health footnote 5, your application won't be turned down, even if your family has a history of Heart Attack, Stroke or Cancer
How to buy
- You can apply over the phone or online
- Pay premiums monthly or yearly by credit card or automatic withdrawal from your bank account
Insurance issued by BMO Life Assurance Company
- Under current tax legislation. Any interest earned during the claims process may be taxable.
- Your family can also take advantage of this service once every three years.
®Registered trademark of Best Doctors, Inc., used under license.
- You must be hospitalized as an in-patient for at least 24 hours.
- If your claim is denied in this case, your premiums will be fully refunded.
- A signed declaration of health confirms you've never been diagnosed with a Heart Attack, Stroke, Cancer, HIV, diabetes, heart disease, hepatitis, chronic kidney disease, permanent paralysis or transient ischemic attack (TIA) and that you've never been declined for critical illness insurance coverage.
Individual circumstances may vary. You may wish to contact the licensed insurer’s representative or a licensed insurance agent if you need advice about insurance needs.