If you were to get sick, the last thing you want to be thinking about are your financial obligations and how you will meet them. If you were diagnosed with a Heart Attack, Stroke or Cancer, would you be able to cope financially, especially if you couldn't work? Life Recovery Plus is a critical illness insurance that provides you with financial relief for these covered illnessesThe following are definitions of the covered illnesses under the Policy:
Heart Attack (Myocardial Infarction) – the death of a portion of heart muscle as a result of inadequate blood supply as evidenced by a) new electrocardiographic (ECG) changes indicative of a myocardial infarction, and by b) the elevation of cardiac biochemical markers to levels considered diagnostic for infarction. Heart attack during coronary angioplasty is covered provided that there are diagnostic changes of new Q wave infarction on the ECG in addition to elevation of cardiac markers.
Stroke (Cerebrovascular Accident) – a cerebrovascular event producing neurological sequelae lasting more than 30 days and caused by intracranial thrombosis or hemorrhage, or embolism from an extra-cranial source. There must be evidence of measurable, objective neurological deficit.
Cancer (Life-Threatening) – a tumour characterized by the uncontrolled growth and spread of malignant cells and the invasion of tissue..
- The tax-free cash benefit1 gives your finances time to recover so you can focus on recuperating
- Receive cash benefits to help find the best medical treatments, replace lost income or cover expenses any way you choose
- If you can provide a declaration of health5, your acceptance is guaranteed even if your family has a history of Heart Attack, Stroke or Cancer
- Free access to leading global medical specialists through the Best Doctors® program2 so you make the right decisions about your care
Choose from two levels of coverage
|Enhanced Plan||Basic Plan|
|Receive cash payment on diagnosis of covered illness and survives for 30 days||$12,000||$6,000|
|Receive monthly cash payments on diagnosis of covered illness and survives for 30 days||$12,000
($1000/month for 12 months or until death, if earlier)
($500/month for 12 months or until death, if earlier)
|Receive cash each day3 of hospitalization within two years of diagnosis||$200 a day for up to 100 days
Up to $20,000
|$100 a day for up to 100 days
Up to $10,000
|Receive cash payment for surgerySurgery – means a surgical procedure which is recommended and performed by a Doctor in relation to the Covered Illness which has qualified you to receive the Diagnosis Benefit. related to diagnosis within two years of diagnosis||$6,000||$3,000|
|Total cash benefits:||Up to $50,000||Up to $25,000|
*Non-smokers – you qualify for a discount if you have not used any tobacco, nicotine substitutes or marijuana in the past 12 months.
Get a quote Step 1/2
What's not covered
This information is only a summary. Actual terms, exclusions and limitations are explained in the policy.
- Canadian residents ages 18 to 60 can enroll
- Coverage until your 70th birthday as long as you continue to pay your premiums
- If you provide a declaration of health5, your application won't be turned down, even if your family has a history of Heart Attack, Stroke or Cancer
How to buy
- Apply over the phone or online
- Pay premiums monthly or yearly by credit card or automatic withdrawal from your bank account
- Under current tax legislation. Any interest earned during the claims process may be taxable.
- Your family can also take advantage of this service once every three years.
®Registered trademark of Best Doctors, Inc., used under license.
- You must be hospitalized as an in-patient for at least 24 hours.
- If your claim is denied in this case, you're premiums will be fully refunded.
- A signed declaration of health confirms you've never been diagnosed with a Heart Attack, Stroke, Cancer, HIV, diabetes, heart disease, hepatitis, chronic kidney disease, permanent paralysis or transient ischemic attack (TIA) and that you've never been declined for critical illness insurance coverage.