A lower fee plan that is ideal for those with only moderate transaction needs. Additionally, this account provides free banking for kids, teens and students.
Non-BMO ATM withdrawals
- $2.00 for each Non-BMO ATM withdrawal
- Unlimited Interac®* e-Transfer transactions
Transactions in excess of monthly plan limit
- $1.25 each for transactions in excess of monthly plan limit
- Includes eStatement; $2 per paper statement, 1 paper or eStatement for kids
Included with monthly fee
- $4 standard overdraft protectionLink will open in new window11
- $5 if you use Overdraft Transfer Service to transfer from another account to cover an overdraft
- Point-of-sale transactions on the Maestro®* and MasterCard®* network globallyLink will open in new window25
Number of accounts you can add
- Add up to 20 additional accounts
- Use additional accounts to help you manage your money
- Or, share them with your partner/spouse as either joint accounts or separate/confidential, all for one monthly fee with PlanShare
- See how>
Premium Rate Savings Account
- Comes with a Premium Rate Savings Account with limited transfers to your other BMO accounts
Not the right one for you? Take a look at our other Chequing Plans
Family is everything
We know you keep your family at the centre of everything you do, and we want to help you do just that.
The Plus Plan is a perfect lower cost option for those with only moderate transaction needs. It also makes a great first bank account for kids, teens or students, offering 30 transactions per month and no monthly fee for these groups.
The BMO difference
Open multiple bank accounts for you and your spouse/partner for one monthly feeLink will open in new window1 with PlanShare
You can open a new BMO chequing account on your smartphone from wherever you are. As long as weâ€™re able to verify your ID with the info you provide, thereâ€™s no need to visit a branch!
Switch over all of your automatic bill payments in one quick step
Enjoy tailored banking advice that fits your unique life needs
*You may be asked to visit a branch to verify your identity. Link will open in new windowView full Terms and Conditions.
** The $1.00 service fee that may have applied when you use Interac e-Transfer has been eliminated for customers with an Everyday Bank Plan. The monthly Plan fee may still apply. Other transaction fees may apply if you have a Bank Plan that does not include unlimited everyday banking transactions. A cancellation fee may still apply when you cancel the transaction.