Free Chequing & Savings Account40
- Free banking40 while you're a student and for up to one year after you graduate
- FREE BMO Extra Deals when you download the SPC App and register your BMO SPC Card.
- Free SPC Card
Student Line of Credit
- Low interest payments
Use it to pay tuition, books, rent, meal plans – anything you need.
- Get low, competitive interest rate while you are in school
BMO® SPC CashBack® Mastercard®*
- Welcome offer: Get 4% cash back in your first 4 months††
- No annual fee
- Built in SPC discounts
Student Budget Tools and Advice
It’s never too early or too late to plan for your financial future.
University & College Affinity Cards
As a college or university student, you’re looking for the best student credit card for your needs. A BMO SPC University/College Credit Card offers value, convenience and cash back or rewards on all your purchases. And it helps you support your school.
Every time you use this BMO credit card you support faculty alumni benefits, services and events and contribute to local and international student programs Whether you’re considering getting a certificate, diploma or degree, a first-year, or going to be a graduate soon, it’s never too early or late to give back to yourself by earning rewards. Rewards can add up quickly from buying textbooks at your campus bookstore to getting groceries if you’re not on a cafeteria meal plan. To help manage your student budget, you can also keep track of your spending with a detailed credit card statement. Even if you’re in classes, residence dorm, student centre or on the go, you can view it easily online or on your mobile device.
What is SPC?
SPC is Canada’s exclusive loyalty card that provides students with discounts and deals at thousands of stores and restaurants across Canada.
How do I get discounts With My BMO SPC Mastercard?
Get discounts from SPC Card retailers and restaurants when you pay with your BMO SPC MasterCard. When paying with your BMO SPC MasterCard you must notify the cashier BEFORE paying that you qualify for your discount. Please ensure that your discount has been applied at the point of sale. At places that do not accept MasterCard, you only need to show your BMO SPC MasterCard for the discount and then pay with cash or debit.
What kind of SPC card discounts can I get?
Savings on fashion, dining, sporting, beauty, lifestyle and more. Show your SPC Card at thousands of participating locations to receive instant discounts every time you shop. Offers vary but the most common are 10% to 15% off*. Download our new mobile app to find all SPC locations, discounts, deals and offers.
The card is accepted at thousands of locations across Canada. Plus, there are hundreds of local stores in your area offering you additional savings.
How do I get free student banking?
It’s easy to get FREE1 student banking when you bank with BMO. You can save some serious cash – more than $130 a year on Plan fees2!
To enjoy FREE1 banking for the length of your school program3, just pop into your closest branch before the December 244 deadline and update your student status. If you don’t update your status, regular Plan fees will apply starting January. Confirm that you’re enrolled full-time in an academic program5 and your expected graduation date, and your student status will be valid for the length of your program.
And if you’re a recent grad you can still get free1 banking for an additional year! All you have to do is drop by a branch and confirm that you’ve graduated.
1. Students are eligible to receive the Plus Plan for no monthly fees or the Performance or Premium Plan at a discounted monthly fee. You are responsible for all fees relating to any transactions, services, and products not included in your Bank Plan.
2. You are required to validate your status by providing proof of eligibility by December 24, of the current year otherwise the full monthly Plan fee will be applied starting January the following year. Plan fees paid prior to confirming eligibility may not be refunded. If a student has not validated their status by the December 24th deadline, regular account fees will apply starting January of the next calendar year.
3. Up to a maximum of 4 years. If you are enrolled in a program which is longer than 4 years, you must update your enrollment status after the 4th year to maintain eligibility.
4. Proof of full-time registration in a post secondary-university, college, or private vocational school required.
5. Savings of $131.40 per year equals a savings of $10.95 per month in Plan fees over 12 months, for Students or Recent Graduates in the Plus, Performance or Premium Plan.