BMO Online Banking
Secure around-the-clock access to your account to pay bills, transfer money and more. Get started in just a few simple steps.
To access BMO Online Banking, you will need your BMO credit card. You'll be asked some security questions.
BMO Mobile Banking
Quickly and easily manage your money with our BMO Mobile Banking app.
- Quickly view balances and transactions on any of your accounts with a swipe of a finger
- Transfer funds between eligible accounts and send and receive an Interac e-transfer®‡to anyone on your recipient list
- Pay bills now or later through future dated bill payment
- View credit card, recent transactions, eStatements, due dates and minimum payments
- Make a branch appointment in real time
- Set up travel notifications to ensure you'll have uninterrupted access to your BMO credit card and we'll know to expect out-of-country charges
- Assign nicknames to your most used debit or credit cards to sign in quickly and securely
- Search for nearby BMO branches and ATMs
- Touch ID access to the BMO Mobile Banking App on iPhone* 5S, 6 or 6 Plus.
Simply download the app from your app store to use BMO Mobile Banking. For other touch devices that do not have an app, you can access the BMO Mobile Banking through your browser by entering m.bmo.com.
BMO® Banking & InvestorLine App
Now, experience BMO's tablet app for iPad‡‡ to help you easily manage both your banking and self-directed investing needs – all with one app.
- Pay multiple bills at one time and set up future-dated bill payments
- Transfer funds between accounts, make cross-currency transfers, and send an Interac e-transfer®‡
- View account balances and transaction history
- Access your eStatements and view cheque images
- Set up a travel notification for your BMO MasterCard®*card
- Book in-branch appointments in real time
- Our smart money management tool to set budgets and savings goals and track how you’re doing.
- View your self-directed investing account information
- Access real-time quotes and interactive charts
- Trade equities, ETFs, options, mutual funds and GICs
Want to do your self-directed investing in addition to banking with BMO? It’s easy. Open an account today.
BMO My Home App™
Calculate your home ownership costs as well as track and compare the homes you have visited to make your purchase decision easier.
- Quickly calculate your borrowing needs using the Mortgage Calculator
- Create handy home profiles, upload photos, compile checklists, and take notes while you house hunt
- Manage, track, and compare your favourite properties based on mortgage costs and email detailed comparisons to ease decision making
- Contact a BMO Mortgage Specialist to discuss financing or start the pre-approval process
BMO Mobile PayPass™ Tag
How it Works
- Stick the Mobile PayPass Tag to the back of your mobile phone and you're ready to make purchases anywhere PayPass is accepted
- Making small purchases is fast and hassle-free. Simply Tap & Go™ and you're on your way. The BMO Mobile PayPass Tag6 communicates wirelessly with the PayPass terminal
- Register to have detailed email transaction notifications sent to you when a BMO Mobile PayPass Tag transaction has been completed
- If you earn rewards on your BMO MasterCard® credit card, you'll continue to earn rewards with your BMO Mobile PayPass purchases
- Secure encryption technology makes your BMO Mobile PayPass Tag as safe as your BMO credit card. Plus your smartphone never leaves your hand when making a purchase. And, you'll continue to receive the same level of security with Zero Liability on unauthorized purchases7, lost or stolen card replacement, Extended Warranty Insurance, Purchase Protection and iDefence® - your protection against identity theft
BMO Branch Banking
With over 900 branches across Canada, we offer a full range of financial services.
- Open new bank accounts, add or change Bank Plans
- Access to on-site full service ATMs to handle everyday banking transactions
- Apply for BMO MasterCard® credit cards
- Find information on and apply for loans, mortgages & lines of credit
- Access to mutual fund investment advice available through partner referral8
- Self-service coin counters at select locations
BMO Telephone Banking
Access a wide range of financial services and products from anywhere you have access to a telephone, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week by calling
1-800-363-9992 1-800-363-9992.9 In addition to your day-to-day banking, such as paying bills, transferring funds, obtaining account balances, and a listing of recent transactions, use telephone banking to:
- Open new bank accounts
- Change your contact information
- Request a stop payment
- Re-order cheques
- Set up consolidated paper statements
- Purchase travellers cheques and foreign currency10
BMO ATM Banking
BMO ATMs give you convenient access to cash withdrawals, up-to-the-minute account balances, deposits, transfers, electronic bill payments, and you can also get a printout of your most recent transactions.
You can use your BMO Debit Card to withdraw cash at BMO Cash ATMs, any ATM in Canada with the Interac®‡ symbol and throughout the world at any ATM with the Maestro®* or Cirrus®*.
All of our BMO ATMs have audio capability to help customers with vision loss complete their banking transactions.
Find the nearest one with the Branch/ATM Locator in our BMO Mobile Banking app.
Save yourself a trip to the branch or ATM and get immediate access to your money with direct deposit. Enjoy automatic deposits of funds (like your payroll and government payments) into your personal bank accounts.To set up this service, you can download the Direct Deposit form and follow the instructions.
COMING SOON: Government payments by direct deposit only.
By April 2016, all Federal Government payments by cheque such as income tax refunds, GST rebates, Child Tax Benefit and Old Age Security will be phased out and will only be available by Direct Deposit.
For more information about Direct Deposit for government payments
With Pre-Authorized Payments, you can set up your bills to be automatically paid from your BMO bank accounts on their due dates. You'll never miss a payment – even when you go on vacation.
To set up this service you'll need your bank account number, institution number and branch transit. You can contact the billing company and follow the instructions that they provide or download the Personal Pre-Authorized Debit Plan form and follow the instructions.
epost™ view bills
With epost, you can have your bills, statements and notices sent directly to your BMO Online Banking account and set up automatic payments from your personal bank accounts. For more information, visit epost.ca
Overdraft protection is a simple way to cover unexpected shortfalls in your account and avoid the potential embarrassment of a declined transaction or the cost and inconvenience of a returned cheque.
Standard Overdraft Protection is best suited for you if your bank accounts tend to go into overdraft once a month or more.
- Coverage available from $500 to $2,50011
- Your account must have monthly deposits and a positive balance at least once every 90 days
- A $4.00 monthly fee applies11,12
Occasional Overdraft Protection offers peace of mind if your accounts do not regularly go into overdraft.
- Coverage available from $500 to $2,50011
- Your account must have monthly deposits and a positive balance at least once every 90 days
- There is no monthly fee. A $5.00 fee per transaction applies11,12
With Overdraft Transfer Service you can pre-arrange to have available funds transferred to your BMO account from one of your other BMO accounts, your BMO credit card or your BMO line of credit to cover any accidental overdraft13. A fee of $5 per transfer applies.14
Your account. My account. Our account. One fee. Save on banking fees by sharing one Bank Plan including your joint and individual bank accounts.
With our unique PlanShare feature, you and your partner or spouse can save on banking fees by sharing one Bank Plan that includes all your individual and joint bank accounts. And guess what? You only pay a single monthly Plan fee.
- Open up to 20 accounts (joint and/or individual) under one Bank Plan for one monthly Plan fee
- Bank together while maintaining confidentiality on your individual accounts
- Personalize your Plan by conveniently organizing your accounts in the way that best suits you and your partner’s needs, including nicknaming your accounts (like "trip" for that vacation to Florida you’re planning)
- Easily transfer funds between your joint and individual accounts
- Available with Premium, Performance, AIR MILES®† and Plus Plans
Already a customer? Book an appointment to learn how we can save you and your partner money
New to BMO? Open a Bank Plan with PlanShare now
Track your spending, saving, lending and investing with ease. All BMO statements give you the detailed information you need to take charge of your money.
Stay on top of your finances with BMO eStatements. eStatements are an exact replica of your paper statements and are securely accessible through Online Banking from anywhere at any time. See your transactions in online banking without having to wait for your paper statements to arrive. Plus, sign up for BMO Alerts to know when your statement is ready for viewing.
- Securely view and store your personal banking, credit card, line of credit, and mutual fund account statements online
- Register for eStatements through BMO Online Banking
Consolidated Paper Statements
- Get a consolidated summary of all your account balances, including a detailed list of your transaction activity, reported separately for each account
- Includes banking news, information and tips to improve your banking efficiency
- A paper statement fee may apply
Whether you're sending money across Canada or overseas to family for personal or business reasons, money transfers are simple and convenient with BMO Money Transfer Services. Our reliable technology means you can send money confidently almost anywhere.
Interac®‡ e-Transfers are fast, secure and have the same level of security as BMO Mobile and BMO Online Banking transactions because the money is never sent by email.
- Using your personal bank account, all you need is the recipient's email address
- Money is deposited once the recipient receives the email, validates their identity, and chooses the deposit account15
Our wire payment service is a quick, convenient and secure way to send and receive money.
- To send money, visit a BMO branch with the recipient's name, address and bank account number, along with the name and address of their financial institution.
- To receive money, provide the sender with your BMO customer information.
And now, you can send money to Portugal with our Global Money Transfer product not only via branch but also through ATM, online or by phone.
Please visit your branch to know more about applicable fees for in branch wire transfers and Global Money Transfer Products.
Western Union®# Money Transfer™#
We offer Western Union®# Money Transfers™# via Interac®‡ e-Transfer, through BMO Online Banking
Available to personal banking customers, the Western Union®# Money Transfer™# service allows you to send money within Canada and abroad to more than 200 countries and territories connected to the Western Union®# network.
The fee for a Western Union Money Transfer is $9.00 plus 1% of the amount being remitted. It is charged in Canadian Dollars and added to the total transfer amount.
Keep you informed and up-to-date on your personal banking transactions. Simply sign up for BMO Alerts and get the information you need, when you need it. Receive alerts by email or to your smartphone16 to find out when:
- Your account balance falls below your specified amount
- A withdrawal greater than your specified amount is made
- Deposits greater than your specified amount are made
- Unusual activity on your BMO Debit Card is suspected
- Your eStatement is ready to be viewed
Manage My Finances
Helps you view, track and manage your money – free for BMO Personal Banking and BMO MasterCard®* customers. You can:
- Track your spending habits
- Set budgets and savings goals
- Compare your income and spending to the community
Sign in to Online Banking and click on the 'Manage My Finances' tab to access the BMO Manage My Finances tool.
For Chequing accounts only: Ordering cheques is easy and you can choose from a variety of designs and features to customize your cheques the way you like.
- Online: Sign in to BMO Online Banking and select the account that you would like to order cheques for in the left hand navigation. Click on 'Order cheques' in the sub-menu that will appear. Then follow the instructions provided.
- In person: Visit your local BMO branch
- 1-877-225-52661-877-225-5266 to speak with one of our customer service representatives
BMO Prepaid Travel MasterCard®
Get the convenience of cash, without having to carry cash. You can safely access funds wherever you are without interest charges.
American Express® Travellers Cheques
Your money is safe with Travellers Cheques
- May be refunded if lost or stolen*
- 24/7 customer service support
- Accepted at thousands of locations worldwide
- Never expire
- Offered in a variety of currencies and denominations to help meet your travel fund needs**
*Terms, conditions and restrictions apply. Identification and proof of purchase required.
*Not all products available at all locations
®Used by Amex Canada Inc. under license from American Express.
Order your travellers cheques through BMO Online Banking now or buy them at your local BMO Branch10.
Purchase more than 100 different currencies through BMO to save on fees and surcharges when travelling.
- Take advantage of fair exchange rates that are often better than airport and foreign exchange outlets
- Avoid searching for banks and currency exchanges while abroad
You can order up to $2,000 (Canadian) in U.S. dollars, British pounds sterling or Euros and have the funds delivered to you within 7 business days (courier fees apply).