Whether you’re sending money across Canada or overseas for family, personal banking or business reasons, money transfers are simple and convenient with BMO Transfer Services. Our sophisticated technology means you can send money almost anywhere confidently.
Choose from 3, easy-to-use money transfer methods:
Send money across Canada to friends and family easily and conveniently with an Interac e-Transfer. An Interac e-Transfer allows you to send funds instantly and without hassles.
An Interac e-Transfer is the fastest, easiest way to send money within Canada
- Using your online banking account, all you need is the recipient’s email address1
- Money is deposited once the recipient receives the email notice2
- Enjoy the same security features that protect your online banking information
- Five Interac e-Transfer per month are included with the Premium Bank Plan and two Interac e-Transfers per month are included with the Plus and Performance Bank Plans with the kids, teens, students, and recent graduates Discounted Banking Program.
- Cost is $1.50 to send an Interac e-Transfer; there is no cost to receive an Interac e-Transfer via Online Banking3
How does Interac e-Transfer work? Learn more
How is your Interac e-Transfer protected?
When you send funds using Interac e-Transfer, your money never actually travels by email. Email messages are used only to notify the recipient of the transfer and to provide instructions on how to deposit the money. BMO and your recipient’s financial institution transfer funds using established and secure banking procedures, and never by email. BMO will never request confirmation of your banking information by email.
To send an Interac e-Transfer, sign-in to Online Banking
1Recipient has to accept the transfer before the amount is credited.
2The deposit must be made at one of the following participating banks and credit union: BMO Bank of Montreal, CIBC, RBC Royal Bank, Scotiabank, TD Canada Trust, and Central 1 Credit Union. Recipients can receive Interac e-Transfer funds instantly and for free if they deposit the money online into a bank account at one of the six participating financial institutions
3Recipients can receive Interac e-Transfer funds instantly and for free if they deposit the money online into a bank account at one of the participating financial institutions in Canada.
BMO Bank of Montreal’s wire payment service is a quick and efficient way to securely send money from your BMO branch or receive money directly into your account.
- To send money via a wire payment, visit your BMO Bank of Montreal branch with the recipient’s name, address, account number along with the name and address of their financial institution.
- To receive money via a wire payment, provide the sender your customer information and Bank of Montreal beneficiary bank details. Learn More...
Please contact your BMO Bank of Montreal branch if you require additional assistance with sending or receiving money via an international wire transfer or for information regarding fees to send money to others.
Send Money to Portugal
With a BMO Global Money Transfer you can send money to Portugal safely, conveniently and quickly.
- Enjoy 4 easy ways to send money: in branch, via ATM, online or by phone
- Relax knowing your wire transfer transactions are secure
- Send money for less with an Everyday Banking Plan and preferred Portuguese banking arrangements with Millennium Bank.
Signing up for Global Money Transfer is easy
Visit your nearest BMO Bank of Montreal branch with your recipient’s name, address, bank account name and number.
Western Union®* Money TransferTM*
Need a more affordable1 solution for sending smaller amounts of money to family and friends? BMO Bank of Montreal offers Western Union Money Transfers via Interac e-TransferTM, through BMO Online Banking. Available to BMO Bank of Montreal personal account holders, the Western Union Money Transfer service allows you to send money within Canada and abroad to more than 200 countries and territories.
- Transfers are sent through BMO Online Banking to a Western Union Agent location for pick-up
- Western Union agents in over 200 countries and territories worldwide
- Minimum transfer amount of only $10.002
- A fee of $9 per transaction plus 1% of the transfer amount*
To send a Western Union Money Transfer, sign-in to Online Banking
Not a BMO customer?
*WESTERN UNION ALSO MAKES MONEY FROM CURRENCY EXCHANGE. Fee is charged by Western Union. Fees are subject to change without notice.
1 Versus BMO wire payment services for transfers under $1,000.
2 $999.99 is the total daily limit. Weekly and monthly limits also apply. Canadian dollars or Canadian dollar equivalent.
®*/TM*The Western Union name, logo and related Trademarks and Service Marks are owned by Western Union Holdings, Inc., are used with permission.
TM Interac, the Interac logo and Interac e-Transfer are trade-marks of Interac Inc. Used under license.