Frequently Asked Questions
You don’t need to know all the answers to invest online – but if you do have questions, we’ve got you covered. If we missed something below, chat with an Advisor using live chat, email or by phone.
Opening a New Account
- How can I open a BMO SmartFolio account?
- Who may open a BMO SmartFolio account?
- What account types are available?
- Am I able to set someone up as my Trading Authority/Power of Attorney?
- What is the minimum account size?
- What if I go below this due to market fluctuations?
- What options do I have to fund my account?
- Where do I mail my paperwork?
- I have been asked to visit a BMO Bank branch to verify my identity, why is this required?
- Will you provide tax documents?
- Can I open more than one account of the same type?
- How do I transfer funds from one SmartFolio account to another SmartFolio account?
- I am on Internet Explorer 6 and having problems with your website. What browsers do you support?
- Before I sign up, can I see the historical performance of a model?
- Why am I being asked to mail in my beneficiary designation form? Can’t I just eSign?
- Do you offer tax loss harvesting?