At BMO, we offer customers more than just a bank account. You have a Bank Plan, so feel free to open as many accounts as you’d like, there’s no additional monthly fee1.
Why open more accounts under your Bank Plan
Build a better budget.
Easily track and transfer funds in your chequing, savings and U.S. dollar accounts so all your household costs are covered on time.
Save for your vacation.
Adding another account can help you set aside just what you need for a special goal, at a better rate.
Bank together, pay less.
Add your partner, open individual and joint accounts, and pay the same monthly fee.
|Account||Total interest rate||Transaction fees|
| Premium Rate Savings Account|
Total interest rate0.050% 2
|Savings Builder Account|
Total interest rateUp to 1.200% 6
| Smart Saver Account|
Total interest rate0.400% 2
| U.S. Dollar Premium Rate Savings Account|
Total interest rate0.050% 2
Looking to add your partner or spouse to your existing Plan?
You and your partner or spouse can save up to $360/year in fees by banking under the same bank plan. Bank together while also maintaining confidentiality on your individual bank accounts5.Book an appointment
View your selections
- You can have up to 20 Canadian or U.S. Dollar Primary Chequing or Premium Rate Savings under one Plan (Excluding the Practical Plan). One account must be designated as the lead account for your monthly Plan fees and transaction fees. If you select a U.S. Dollar Account as the lead account, all Plan and transaction fees will be charged in U.S. dollars. All accounts covered by the Plan are subject to the monthly transaction limit(s) for the selected Plan.
- Interest is calculated on the daily account closing balance and paid monthly on the last business day of the month. Interest is paid in the same currency as the account. Interest rates are calculated on a per annum basis. Interest rates and balance tiers are subject to change without advance notice. Interest rates are available online at bmo.com/rates, on display at all BMO branches where personal accounts are serviced and by calling 1-877-225-5266.
- When comparing the BMO Savings Builder Account with other savings accounts available on the public websites of CIBC, TD Canada Trust, RBC Royal Bank, Scotiabank, Tangerine, PC Financial as of May 1, 2016.
- Each additional transfer is $5.00. Bill payments, Pre-Authorized Payments, debit card purchases, Interac e-Transfer, Interac Online purchases and cheques are not permitted on this account.
- For illustration purposes only. The savings of $360 assumes the following: (i) one monthly Premium Plan fee of $30.00 per month ($360.00 per year) is shared between you and your spouse or partner, rather than each person paying a separate monthly Plan fee of $30.00, (ii) no other per-item or over-limit transaction fees apply, and (iii) the account is not eligible for the monthly balance Plan fee waiver during the twelve-month period.
- The interest rate of 1.25% is comprised of a base interest rate of 0.25% plus a regular bonus interest rate of 1.00%. The base interest rate applies to the entire balance in your Savings Builder Account (“Account”). The bonus interest rate applies to your Account balance up to $250,000 each month in which you increase your monthly Account balance by $200.00 or more. To determine if you are eligible for bonus interest in a month, we will calculate the difference between the closing balance on the last business day of the previous month and the closing balance on the last business day of the current month excluding base interest from the current month, bonus interest and any promotional interest credited from the previous month and any withdrawal or transfer fees, and that difference must be at least $200.00. The base interest is calculated on the daily closing balance and paid monthly on the last business day of the month. The bonus interest is calculated on the daily closing balance and paid monthly on the second business day of the following month. The bonus interest is calculated from the first business day of the month, regardless of which day you may have qualified for bonus interest. The base interest rate and bonus interest rate may be changed at any time without notice. Current interest rates are available at BMO branches where accounts are serviced, at bmo.com/rates and by calling 1-877-225-5266.