Strengths and Value Drivers
- Disciplined approach to risk-taking.
- Comprehensive and consistent risk frameworks to address all material risk types.
- Risk appetite and metrics integrated into strategic planning and the ongoing management of businesses and risks.
- Sustained mindset of continuous improvement to drive consistency and efficiency in the management of risk.
- The heightened pace, volume and complexity of regulatory requirements.
- Balancing risk and return in an uncertain economic and geopolitical environment.
- The evolving technology improvements required to meet customer expectations and the need to anticipate and respond to cyber and competitive threats.
- Address increased complexity by streamlining risk management activities and by simplifying processes and implementing consistent practices across different business lines.
- Support greater integration of risk considerations in business processes and decisions, while managing change and complexity through more dynamic assessment and monitoring of the risks.
- Continue to enhance our risk management infrastructure through greater integration of our systems, data models and business and risk management processes to enhance the ongoing alignment of critical elements.
- Improved risk data and risk reporting through significant investment in streamlined data collection, more timely data, greater data coverage, report automation and heightened governance.
- Further enhanced stress testing and other data analysis and modelling.
- Maintained our risk culture through enhanced assessment and learning tools and communication processes.
- Responded to rising regulatory expectations, evidenced by improvements in stress testing, market risk measurement, anti-money laundering tools and processes and foundational risk management.
- Continued to develop the next generation of our risk infrastructure by integrating, automating and upgrading foundational capabilities for risk and data analysis and modelling of market, credit and operational risks.