What to bring to an investing appointment
If you already have a bank account or investment with BMO, we may need to confirm your Social Insurance Number (SIN) unless we already have it on file. You may want to bring your SIN with you.
If you’re a new customer to BMO Bank of Montreal, we’ll require you to bring your SIN and one eligible piece of identification with you. Your identification should be valid, original and in good condition.
The eligible piece of identification must:
- Contain a photo; and
- Be issued by a government agency, including a federal government, (for example, Canada or the United States or other foreign government), or by a province/territory/state level government.
List of Eligible Photo Identification:
- Certificate of Canadian Citizenship
- Certificate of Indian Status issued by the Government of Canada
- Driver’s licence1
- Firearms Licence
- Government Issued ID Card or Document
- Immigration Canada Documents2
- NEXUS Card
- Permanent Resident Card
- Provincial or territorial health insurance card3
If you’re coming to discuss RESPs or switching your investments to BMO, please also bring the following:
- Your Child’s SIN
- Your Child’s Birth Certificate
Transferring Investments to BMO:
- The most recent investment statement(s) from each of the financial institutions or investment firms from where you’ll be transferring your investments
If you have any questions about the identification listed above, please give us a call.