Whether you’re visiting family in a neighbouring province or taking your annual vacation, leave home knowing you can access assistance if and when you need it. With a Single Trip Medical Plan, you’re covered if a medical emergency happens.
With the Single Trip Medical Plan you’re covered up to $5 million for medical emergencies while travelling out-of-province/ country. It also provides coverage for unexpected trip interruption, trip cancellation, flight delays and baggage expenses.
What's not covered
All insurance products have some limitations and exclusions you should understand.
This insurance plan will not pay for expenses such as:
- a pre-existing condition (as applicable for the coverage period of each trip)
- the continued treatment or recurrence of a medical condition if you are able to return to Canada and choose not to return
- a medical condition for which you delayed or refused treatment or investigation before your departure date
- treatment, except on an emergency basis, without prior-approval
- participation in professional sports, speed contests, SCUBA diving (unless certified), hang-gliding, sky diving, parachuting, bungee jumping, parasailing, spelunking, mountain or rock climbing, or a flight accident except as a passenger in a commercial airline
- pregnancy, childbirth or related complications within 9 weeks of the expected birth
- mental, nervous or emotional disorders, intentional self-injury, suicide or attempted suicide
- injury while under the influence of drugs or alcohol, while committing or attempting to commit an offence, or due to riot, civil disorder or voluntary exposure to risk, such as war
- travel to a sanctioned country or for which a travel advisory has been issued
- any trip undertaken against the advice of a physician
- circumstances you were aware of when you bought this plan
If you do not notify your travel provider and the Allianz Global Assistance Operations Centre 1-877-807-7806 within 48 hours of a claim event occurring, the benefit payable may be reduced.
Prior medical history may be reviewed when a claim is submitted. For certain expenses, including medical expenses, you may need to obtain approval prior to incurring the expense.
This information is only a summary. Limitations and exclusions apply. For full details see the Insurance Policy for Annual Plans or Single Trip Plans.
- Canadian residents covered by a Canadian government health insurance plan.
- If you are 60 years of age or older, a medical questionnaire is required to confirm your eligibility.
- Premiums must be paid before the day you leave on your first trip.
Travel insurance is provided by Allianz Global Risks US Insurance Company - Canadian Branch (Allianz), and administered by Allianz Global Assistance. Allianz can be reached at 1-877-807-7806.