Registered Disability Savings Plan (RDSP)
Caring for someone with a severe or prolonged disability can be emotionally and financially challenging. A BMO Registered Disability Savings Plan (RDSP) can help, by providing long-term financial security for people with disabilities.
What is an RDSP?
Invest for a brighter future.
Government Incentives and Contributions
A better way to make money grow.
BMO Registered Disability Savings Plan beneficiaries can now bank for free1.
All BMO Registered Disability Savings Plan beneficiaries are eligible to receive the Practical Plan for free1,2.
If you need more flexibility and more transactions for your everyday banking, you can choose to apply a $4.00 monthly discount to the Plus, Performance, Premium or AIR MILES®† Plan2. You can learn more about BMO Bank Plans here.
Speak to a BMO Bank of Montreal representative to have the discount applied to your Everyday Bank Plan.
2 You are required to provide proof of eligibility before the discount will be applied to the monthly Plan fee. Additional fees paid before eligibility is confirmed may not be refunded. If you are the beneficiary of a BMO Registered Disability Savings Plan ("RDSP") or, if you open the Plan to hold account(s) in trust for the beneficiary, you are eligible to receive a discount of $4.00 per month from the monthly Plan fee of an eligible Bank Plan. If you close or transfer the RDSP to another financial institution, eligibility for the discounted banking program will end and the full monthly Plan fee will be applied.
- BMO Application Form
- Government Application for Canada Disability Savings Grant and/or Canada Disability Savings Bond
- Government RDSP Transfer Form
- Government Rollover to a RDSP Form
- Request for a RDSP to be Designated by Election as a Specified Disability Savings Plan (SDSP)
- Request to extend the life of an RDSP for up to five years if the beneficiary becomes DTC-ineligible
- Revocation of Request for Canada Disability Savings Grants and/or Canada Disability Savings Bonds
- Rollover from a Registered Education Savings Plan (RESP) to a Registered Disability Savings Plan (RDSP)
- RDSP Brochure (English / Chinese)
- RDSP Insert (English / Chinese)
- RDSP Guide (English / Chinese)
- RDSP FAQ