BMO Global Asset Management ("we" or "us") is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We therefore recognize the importance of protecting your personal and financial information when you visit our website located at www.bmo.com/gam/uk/etf. This policy sets out the basis on which when you visit the Website any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be used by us. Please read the following carefully to understand how we will treat your personal data. For your information BMO Global Asset Management is a trading name for the F&C Management Limited who is also a member of the BMO Global Asset Management EMEA.
This Policy was last updated in April 2015.
Any information you provide will be controlled by us through F&C Management Limited as the operator of the Website. We will ensure that all information that you provide to us is treated in confidence and in accordance with our obligations under the Data Protection Act 1998. We will not disclose such information to any third parties except (a) where required or permitted by law; or (b) where your consent has been received.
Information we collect from you
We may collect data about you from the following sources:
- Information that you provide by filling in any forms on this Website, including information provided at the time of registering to use this Website, of subscribing to any of our services, or requesting further information on such services;
- Details of your visits to this Website and the materials and information that you access.
We may use the data we have collected about you for the following purposes:
- To ensure that content from this Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device;
- To provide you with information by letter, SMS, telephone and/or e-mail on products or services that you request from us or we feel may be of interest to you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To allow you to participate in any interactive features of this Website, when you choose to do so; and
- To conduct checks that help prevent fraud and money laundering
- To notify you about changes to our services.
We may disclose your personal data to members of BMO Global Asset Management EMEA, including those outside the European Economic Area, for the purposes stated above. Where we do so we will always use every reasonable effort to ensure your personal data is safeguarded to the same standards to which we are subject to. We may also disclose your personal data to agents and service providers (within and outside the European Economic Area) of BMO Global Asset Management EMEA for such purposes, or if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation, or in order to enforce or apply these terms and conditions or other agreements that may be in place with you, or to protect the rights of BMO Global Asset Management EMEA or its customers.
By using the Website, you consent to using your personal data in accordance with this policy and you confirm that all data provided by you is accurate.
You have the right to receive details of the personal data that we hold or a description of that personal data. You also have the right to ask us not to use your personal data for marketing purposes. Please contact us by email at email@example.com if you wish to receive information on personal data that we hold about you or if you do not wish us to use your personal data for marketing purposes.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are stored on your device when you visit certain web pages. They provide us with valuable information and feedback, in general terms, such as how and when pages on the Website are visited, and what our users’ technology preferences are.
The cookies that we use on this Website can be categorised into the following groups:
Strictly necessary cookies
- These are essential in order to enable you to move around a website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the website. Without these cookies, certain services you may have asked for cannot be provided. These cookies do not gather information about you that could be used for marketing or remembering where you have been on the internet.
- These collect information about how visitors use a website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies don't collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is anonymous and is only used to improve how a website works.
- These allow a website to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced features. These cookies can also be used to remember changes you have made to text size, font and other parts of web pages that you can customise. They may also be used to provide services you have requested such as watching a video. The information these cookies collect may not always be anonymous, but these cooks are not able to track your browsing activity on other websites.
By using our Website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies from us and third parties, such as google analytics and Flashtalking, on your device.
Amending cookie preferences
The site www.allaboutcookies.org includes further information about cookies in general and instructions for managing cookies on many commonly used browsers, or you may consult your browser provider for such instructions.
Third Party Websites