Management’s Discussion and Analysis
Enterprise-Wide Risk Management
As a diversified financial services company providing banking, wealth management, capital market and insurance services, we are exposed to a variety of risks that are inherent in our business activities. A disciplined and integrated approach to managing risk is fundamental to the success of our operations. Our risk management framework provides independent risk oversight across the enterprise and is essential to building competitive advantage.
Chief Risk Officer
BMO Financial Group
Strengths and Value Drivers
- Disciplined approach to risk-taking.
- Comprehensive and consistent risk frameworks.
- Risk appetite and metrics integrated into strategic planning and the ongoing management of businesses and risks.
- Sustained focus on continuous improvement to drive consistency and efficiency in the management of risk.
- Balancing risk and return in an uncertain economic and geopolitical environment.
- Technology improvements and investment required to meet customer expectations and the need to anticipate and respond to the risk of cyber and competitive threats.
- Focus on our people and how we work together to enhance and strengthen our culture.
- Improve productivity and efficiency through simplification of processes and continuing to establish clear roles and responsibilities.
- Continue to invest in systems, data, processes and people to advance our capabilities and effectiveness.