BMO Preferred Rate MasterCard
No frills, just savings – enjoy our biggest savings with no annual fee and our lowest interest rate.
SAVE EVEN MORE
A lower rate means savings for you during those times when you may need it.
Reduce interest charges even further with our Low Interest Rate Option.
NO ANNUAL FEE
Pay no annual fee1 – and we don't just mean in the first year
Want no frills, just savings? The BMO Preferred Rate MasterCard gives you our biggest savings with no annual fee and a lower interest rate than most other credit cards. Our lower rate means it will cost less if you choose to free up cash for more urgent needs by carrying a balance.
- Pay no annual fee
- Enjoy our lowest interest rate:
17.5% (with no annual fee)1
- Get free extended warranty and purchase protection with your BMO MasterCard
Items bought with your MasterCard are automatically insured against theft for 90 days. And you save the cost of buying extended warranty insurance – you're already covered3
- Enjoy free Zero Dollar Liability protection
For both theft and fraudulent use of your credit card4
Insurance and Protection
Feel protected wherever you are – with the exclusive insurance and protection that comes with your BMO Preferred Rate MasterCard:
- Save the cost of buying optional extended warranty insurance on your next purchase by paying with your BMO credit card. This coverage doubles the original manufacturer's warranty period up to a maximum of one additional year.
- Get added protection – items bought with your card are automatically insured against theft or damage for 90 days from date of purchase.
Zero Dollar Liability
- In case the unexpected should happen, enjoy free protection from both theft and the fraudulent use of your card. If your card is used without your authorization, you will not be liable if you notify us within 24 hours (among other criteria).
If your card is used without your authorization, you will not be liable if: you did not contribute to the unauthorized use; you used reasonable care to safeguard your card and PIN; you notify us by telephone within 24 hours if you learn of the loss, theft or misuse of your card or cheques, or after you suspected that someone else knows your PIN; you have not reported two or more unauthorized transactions in the last 12 months, and your account is in good standing. If you don't meet these criteria, you will be liable for all charges incurred in connection with the unauthorized use.
Help Around the World and Lost or Stolen Card Replacement Funds from
MasterCard Global Service®*
Enjoy peace of mind when travelling around the world. You can call us 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and we'll connect you with a representative who speaks your language, and can help with:
- Lost or stolen cards
- Emergency replacement cards or up to $1,000 in emergency funds
- Locate an ATM, and more
The Fine Print
To save you time, here's a convenient page of resources that outlines everything you need to know about your
BMO Preferred Rate MasterCard terms, costs, cardholder rights and benefits.
Important Information on Rates and Fees
- Key information about your BMO Preferred Rate MasterCard, such as the latest fees, interest rates, grace period, minimum payment, foreign currency conversion, and more. Download important information (PDF) for full details.
- A detailed explanation of your rights and responsibilities as a BMO MasterCard cardholder. Download cardholder agreement (PDF) for full details.
- A detailed explanation of the specific rules and provisions (including key features and insurance) that govern your
BMO Preferred Rate MasterCard.
Every BMO MasterCard® comes loaded with valuable features.
We offer additional insurance coverage options to take the worry out of your trips.
Feel protected wherever you are with the exclusive security features that comes with your BMO MasterCard.