Without Minister of Finance approval no person or group of associated persons may own more than 10% of any class of shares of the Bank.
With Minister of Finance approval a person or group of associated persons may own up to 20% of any class of voting shares and up to 30% of any class of non voting shares of the Bank.
Ownership of the Bank's shares by Canadian or foreign governments is prohibited under the Bank Act.
- Q1 13 Corporate Fact Sheet
- Q1 13 Investor Presentation
- Latest Quarterly Results
- Corporate Governance
- Dividend Information
- Corporate Responsibility Report
- Environmental, Social and Governance Report and Public Accountability Statement
- Shareholder Engagement Policy
- BMO's shareholder Dividend Reinvestment Plan (DRIP Plan)