In the coming weeks, we are preparing for an increase in inquires related to the COVID-19 situation. Recognizing the importance of responding quickly in these challenging times, we developed the following guidelines and practices.
Have a question?
We recommend email as the most efficient communication method. The Contact Us page on the Insurance Advisor site provides department email addresses.
- The BMO Insurance Smart App can be done Face to Face or Non-Face to Face. These applications reach our office immediately.
- For MGA’s or National Account partners that are not set up for Smart App, we have approved on a temporary basis the Face-to-Face Life Insurance and Critical Illness Insurance Application Form, 126E on a non face to face basis for ALL our products.
- Face to Face Paper Applications can be sent via secure email to our New Business Applications email address: email@example.com
Service Providers and Reinsurance:
- We are continuing to work closely with our Canadian Service providers to ensure that they can continue to service clients. We recommend where possible to have clients complete the tele-interview as this can be completed over the phone.
- Submissions to reinsurance will continue as we operate electronically with all our reinsurance partners.
Policy Contacts & Policy Delivery:
- As an interim measure a soft copy of the policy contract and delivery requirements will be emailed to the MGA for delivery by the advisor.
- If they choose, the advisor can deliver these documents to the client Non-Face to Face provided that we are provided with a copy of the signed delivery receipt.
- We will only accept payments by Pre-Authorized Debit and Credit Card (for annual payments only).
- Settlement documents can be emailed via secure email to: firstname.lastname@example.org .
New Business Correspondence:
- Any new business inquiries, including status updates can be emailed via secure email to: email@example.com .
- Although our preference is that you communicate with us via email, in the event that you need to call us we can be reached at the following numbers:
- New Business: 1-866-841-0783
- National Account: 1-855-659-3008
New Business Contacts:
- Requests to be sent via email
- Ensure that premium payments are made online
- We will prioritize all monetary transactions, such as loans, withdrawals, Fund Transfers and Banking related inquiries
- All other inquiries will be prioritized to the best of our abilities
Single Premium Annuities
- Requests to be sent via email including new applications
- Funds will need to be sent electronically. Please contact us on a case by case basis
- Settle documentation
- Any changes and inquiries
- Requests to be sent via email
- To Start a Claim Click here
- Have your clients/beneficiaries prepared to provide with Direct Deposit Details (not available to Estates)
- Remind our clients/beneficiaries to provide us with their email address
Contracting & Compensation
Contact us via email at:
- Important Notice: On March 11th 2020 the World Health Organization announced a global pandemic as it relates to COVID-19.
- On March 13th, 2020 the Canadian Government issued a Global Travel Advisory for Canadians to avoid all non-essential travel outside of Canada.
- As a result of the rapidly shifting environment, BMO Travel Insurance policies underwritten and issued by Allianz are not available for purchase at this time.
- If you have any further questions, you can call Allianz at 1-800-661-9060. Due to wait times, you can also email Allianz at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We trust you find these guidelines and practices helpful. We will continue to review them as often as necessary to ensure they are responsive to the situation. On behalf of everyone at BMO Insurance, please continue to take care of yourself and thank you for your patience as we respond to these challenging times.