This credit card is for you, if...
… you're a student who wants a card with no annual fee.
...you love to get discounts.
...you'd love to earn unlimited cash credits.
The BMO SPC CashBack® MasterCard®* gets you:
An annual cash rebate on your credit card account:$1 back for every $200 you spend – with no limits or restrictions on how you spend it1
- Student discounts of 10% to 15% at hundreds of your favourite stores
- Free protection from both theft and fraudulent use of your BMO MasterCard2
Fees and Rates
- No Annual fee: Plus, all SPC®†† (Student Price Card Ltd.) benefits are included for FREE every year
- 19.9% Interest rate
Reward yourself with cash back to your credit card on every purchase you make. The more you spend on your student BMO MasterCard, the more you earn. PLUS: Get student discounts at hundreds of your favourite stores and restaurants across Canada.
- Designed for students: You don't need a letter of reference or a parent's signature to apply for the student MasterCard
- Pay no annual fee: or SPC Card fee
- Enjoy student discounts of 10% to 15% at hundreds of your favourite stores – from American Eagle Outfitters© to Pizza Hut©*
- We've got you covered if you lose your student CashBack credit card – or latest purchase.3 Items bought with your student BMO MasterCard are automatically insured against theft or damage for 90 days from date of purchase. You're also covered against unauthorized use of your credit card.2
- Earn cash just by using your credit card. With 0.5% CashBack, spending $3,000 a year gives you a $15 rebate on your credit card account. (No limits on the amount you can earn.)1 See you how much CashBack you can earn with the SPC CashBack MasterCard.
- It's easy to apply: If you're a permanent Canadian resident, the age of majority, and a college or university student between the age of 18 and 24, you can qualify, without a letter of reference or a parent's signature.
- Complete control of spending: Stay within your credit card budget by increasing – or decreasing – your credit limit at any time, just talk with a BMO representative.
- Cash back on every purchase you make: the more you spend, the more you earn.
- A first step to building a credit history: By paying your bill on time you are building your credit history, which will help when it comes to borrow money for a car or your first home.
- Free protection from lost or fraudulent use of your credit card.2
Zero Dollar Liability
- In case the unexpected should happen, enjoy free protection from both theft and the fraudulent use of your card. If your card is used without your authorization, you will not be liable if you notify us within 24 hours (among other criteria).
If your card is used without your authorization, you will not be liable if: you did not contribute to the unauthorized use; you used reasonable care to safeguard your card and PIN; you notify us by telephone within 24 hours if you learn of the loss, theft or misuse of your card or cheques, or after you suspected that someone else knows your PIN; you have not reported two or more unauthorized transactions in the last 12 months, and your account is in good standing. If you don't meet these criteria, you will be liable for all charges incurred in connection with the unauthorized use.
- Save the cost of buying optional extended warranty insurance on your next purchase by paying with your BMO credit card. This coverage doubles the original manufacturer's warranty period up to a maximum of one additional year.
- Get added protection – items bought with your card are automatically insured against theft or damage for 90 days from date of purchase.
Help Around the World and Lost or Stolen Card Replacement Funds from MasterCard Global Service®*Enjoy peace of mind when travelling around the world. You can call us 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and we'll connect you with a representative who speaks your language, and can help with:
- Lost or stolen cards
- Emergency replacement cards or up to $1,000 in emergency funds
- Locate an ATM, and more
To save you time, here's a convenient page of resources that outlines everything you need to know about your BMO SPC CashBack MasterCard terms, costs, cardholder rights and benefits.Important Information on Rates and Fees
Key information about your BMO SPC CashBack MasterCard, such as the latest fees, interest rates, grace period, minimum payment, foreign currency conversion, and more.
A detailed explanation of your rights and responsibilities as a BMO MasterCard cardholder.
CashBack Rewards Terms and Conditions
This guide outlines in detail the terms and conditions governing your BMO SPC CashBack MasterCard rewards.
A detailed explanation of the rules and provisions that govern your BMO SPC