This credit card is for you, if...
… you're a student who wants a credit card with no annual fee.
...you love to get discounts.
...you like to reward yourself with movie tickets, gift cards, travel.
The BMO SPC AIR MILES MasterCard®* gets you:
More ways to collect rewards:Earn 1 AIR MILES®Ɨ reward mile for every $20 in purchases every time – and everywhere – you use your student BMO MasterCard2
- Student discounts of 10% to 15% at hundreds of your favourite stores
- Free protection from both theft and fraudulent use of your credit card1
Fees and Rates
- No Annual fee - Plus, get SPC® (Student Price Card Ltd.) benefits for free every year
- 19.9% Interest rate
A fun, free way to get student discounts at hundreds of stores across Canada. PLUS: Start building your credit history while you turn your everyday purchases into a range of rewards – from travel and great gadgets to gift cards, movie tickets and more.
- Designed for students: You don't need a letter of reference or a parent's signature to apply for the student BMO MasterCard
- Pay no annual fee: or SPC Card fee
- Enjoy student discounts of 10% to 15% at hundreds of your favourite stores – from American Eagle Outfitters© to Pizza Hut©*
- We've got you covered if you lose your student credit card – or latest purchase.3 Items bought with your student BMO MasterCard are automatically insured against theft or damage for 90 days from date of purchase. You're also covered against unauthorized use of your credit card.1
- Collect more AIR MILES reward miles: Earn one reward mile for every $20 you spend every time – and everywhere – you use your BMO MasterCard. 2 See how many AIR MILES rewards miles you could earn with your BMO SPC AIR MILES MasterCard.
- Double your rewards: Use your student credit card and your AIR MILES Collector Card at AIR MILES sponsors and get reward miles from both. Welcome to "double-dipping"!
- Reduce your interest charges from 19.9% to 12.9% with our Low Interest Rate Option ($45/year)4
- It's easy to apply: If you're a permanent Canadian resident, the age of majority, and a college or university student between the age of 18 and 24, you can qualify, without a letter of reference or a parent's signature.
- Complete control of spending: Stay within your credit card budget by increasing – or decreasing – your credit limit at any time, just talk with a BMO representative.
- Choose from a range of rewards: With over 1,000 reward options from hundreds of suppliers available through the AIR MILES Reward Program, it's easy to get the reward you want.
- A first step to building a credit history: By paying your bill on time you're building your credit history, which will help when it comes to borrow money for a car or your first home.
- Free protection from lost or fraudulent use of your student credit card.1
Zero Dollar Liability
- In case the unexpected should happen, enjoy free protection from both theft and the fraudulent use of your card. If your card is used without your authorization, you will not be liable if you notify us within 24 hours (among other criteria).
If your card is used without your authorization, you will not be liable if: you did not knowingly contribute to the unauthorized use; you used reasonable care to keep your card safe from loss, theft or misuse; you kept your PIN confidential and separate from your card; you notify us by telephone within 24 hours if you learn of the loss, theft or misuse of your card, or if you know or suspect that someone else knows your PIN; there has not been more than one unauthorized use of your card in the last 12 months, and your account is in good standing. If you don't meet these criteria, you will be liable for all charges incurred in connection with the unauthorized use.
- Save the cost of buying optional extended warranty insurance on your next purchase by paying with your BMO credit card. This coverage doubles the original manufacturer's warranty period up to a maximum of one additional year.
- Get added protection – items bought with your card are automatically insured against theft or damage for 90 days from date of purchase.
Help Around the World and Lost or Stolen Card Replacement Funds from MasterCard Global Service®*Enjoy peace of mind when traveling around the world. You can call us 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and we'll connect you with a representative who speaks your language, and can help with:
- Lost or stolen cards
- Emergency replacement cards or up to $1,000 in emergency funds
- Locate an ATM, and more
To save you time, here's a convenient page of resources that outlines everything you need to know about your BMO SPC AIR MILES MasterCard terms, costs, cardholder rights and benefits.Important Information on Rates and Fees
Key information about your BMO SPC AIR MILES MasterCard, such as the latest fees, interest rates, grace period, minimum payment, foreign currency conversion, and more.
Billing and Rewards Pricing Policy
Find out about when and how fees and bonus points are applied to your BMO SPC AIR MILES MasterCard account, along with other pricing details associated with your card.
A detailed explanation of your rights and responsibilities as a BMO MasterCard cardholder.
AIR MILES Rewards Terms and Conditions
This guide outlines in detail the many benefits offered by your BMO SPC AIR MILES MasterCard rewards.
A detailed explanation of the rules and provisions that govern your BMO SPC
AIR MILES MasterCard.