Many of us know women who have cancer. They could be relatives, friends and colleagues. But what if you were diagnosed with a Covered Female CancersCovered Female Cancers: A malignant (life-threatening) tumour which is recognized by the uncontrolled growth and spread of malignant cells into body tissue where a Female Organ is the Primary Site of the tumour. It does not mean the discovery of abnormal cells in the cervix unless they were malignant or of skin cancer other than cancer of the vulva.1? Would you be able to manage your finances? Well Woman critical illness insurance provides women with money and emotional support to help them through a challenging time in their lives. It's financially risk-free - if you don't make a claim in 20 years, you have the option to have your premiums returned.
For more information about Well Woman, call 1-800-587-4817. A woman is available to answer your questions.
- Financially risk-free – you have the option to get your premiums back after 20 years if you haven't made a claim
- Receive tax-free cash benefits2 to help find the best medical treatments, replace lost income or cover expenses any way you choose
- If you can provide a declaration of health6, your acceptance is guaranteed even if your family has a history of cancer
- Get a second opinion from leading global medical specialists through the Best Doctors® program3
Choose from two levels of coverage
|Cash benefits||Enhanced Plan||Basic Plan|
|Receive cash payment on diagnosis of Covered Female Cancer and survive for a period of 30 days||$12,000||$6,000|
|Receive monthly cash payments on diagnosis of Covered Female Cancer and survive for a period of 30 days||$12,000 ($1000/month for 12 months or until death, if earlier)||$6,000 ($500/month for 12 months or until death, if earlier)|
|Receive cash each day4 in hospital within two years of diagnosis||$200 a day for up to 100 days Up to $20,000||$100 a day for up to 100 days Up to $10,000|
|Receive a cash payment for surgery related to diagnosis within two years of diagnosis||$6,000||$3,000|
|Total cash benefits:||Up to $50,000||Up to $25,000|
- No limitations on how the benefits you receive are used
- Plan covers seven Covered Female CancersCovered Female Cancers: A malignant (life-threatening) tumour which is recognized by the uncontrolled growth and spread of malignant cells into body tissue where a Female Organ is the Primary Site of the tumour. It does not mean the discovery of abnormal cells in the cervix unless they were malignant or of skin cancer other than cancer of the vulva.1
- If you don't make a claim for 20 years, you have the option to request a refund of your premiums
- Access to the Best Doctors® program
- 30-day free look. Cancel any time within the first 30 days with no further obligation
What's not covered
You will not receive benefits if you:
- Provide false, incorrect or incomplete information during the application process
- Were previously diagnosed with cancer
- Are diagnosed with a covered female cancer within the first six months of your policy's start date5
- Have any signs, symptoms, medical consultations or tests, up to six months before or six months after your policy becomes effective, if they later lead to a diagnosis of a Covered Female Cancer5
- Contract cancer of the cervix and you had an abnormal cervical smear or PAP test result within two years before your policy becomes effective (although you'll be covered after that time as long as you receive normal test results for two years in a row)5
- Have in situ cancer, which is cancer that doesn't spread to neighbouring tissue
- Don't follow relevant medical advice you receive either before, or within six months after, your policy becomes effective5
The Surgery Benefit isn't payable for diagnostic surgery (including biopsy or aspiration) or if your hospital stay is shorter than 24 hours, unless the surgery is for a lumpectomy, mastectomy or breast reconstruction.
This information is only a summary. Actual terms, exclusions and limitations are explained in the policy.
- Female Canadian residents ages 18 to 55 can enroll
- If you sign a declaration of health, your acceptance is guaranteed even if your family has a history of cancer6
- Coverage up to your 70th birthday as long as you continue to pay your premiums
How to buy
- Apply over the phone or online
- Pay premiums monthly or yearly by credit card or automatic withdrawal from your bank account
Insurance issued by BMO Life Assurance Company
- Cancer of the breasts, fallopian tubes, cervix, ovaries, uterus, vagina or vulva diagnosed by a licensed physician.
- Under current tax legislation. Any interest earned during the claims process may be taxable.
- Your family can also take advantage of this service once every three years. ®Registered trademark of Best Doctors, Inc., used under license. Please see Best Doctors for full details.
- You must be hospitalized as an in-patient for at least 24 hours.
- If your claim is denied in this case, your premiums will be fully refunded.
- The declaration of health confirms you were never diagnosed with cancer or been declined female cancer insurance for reasons other than family history.