Switch Your Banking to BMO
Transfer to BMO Bank of Montreal with PowerSwitch ®
Whether you already bank with us – or intend to – it is easy to switch all your banking to BMO Bank of Montreal.
PowerSwitch is a FREE, convenient service for transferring existing pre-authorized transactions (automatic bill payments) from your bank account(s) from other financial institutions to BMO.
PowerSwitch makes it easy to switch…and start banking with us
Visit your local branch to provide your details and authorization. All pre-authorized transactions will be managed by the PowerSwitch Service Centre on your behalf. PowerSwitch works for you by:
- Transferring your pre-authorized payments from your old financial institution. For example, automatic debit payments such as utilities, loans, insurance, club memberships, telephone, Internet, etc.
- Sending automatic notification to your pre-authorized payments so you don't have to complete numerous account change forms
- Confirming the pre-authorized transactions and corresponding timelines when the transfers will be complete
- Scheduling the changes so you can manage your cash flow during the process
- Providing advice on what to expect throughout the process
PowerSwitch at your convenience…what to expect
- Visit your local BMO Bank of Montreal branch and we’ll complete the PowerSwitch authorization form and send it to the BMO Bank of Montreal PowerSwitch Service Centre on your behalf
- Simply tell us the date and time you’d like to receive a phone call from a PowerSwitch representative and we’ll schedule your appointment
- Before the PowerSwitch representative calls take a few minutes to gather the necessary information as advised by the PowerSwitch handout or your BMO Bank of Montreal representative
- A PowerSwitch representative will call you at your pre-chosen date and time to gather the necessary information about each pre-authorized payment and direct deposit you want transferred. The call lasts about 10 minutes; then we look after everything
- The PowerSwitch Service Centre will send you a confirmation notice in the mail
- Transfers generally take 4-6 weeks to complete
To learn out more about PowerSwitch and to switch, visit your local branch.
Your one-stop shop for business and personal banking
BMO Bank of Montreal understands your time is limited. Enjoy the ease and convenience of having your business and personal banking in one place. Talk to us about opening up a new business account or personal account and once it is set up just let PowerSwitch do the work for you and transfer your business and personal pre-authorized transactions… at no cost. It’s that straightforward.