We’re here to help Fort McMurray
We are saddened by the devastation being caused by the wildfires in Fort McMurray - our thoughts go out to you, your family and your community. We understand you are living with uncertainty and want to let you know that we’re here to help during this difficult time.
To make it easier for our impacted customers needing help, here are some of the ways we are offering financial relief:
- You can skip payments for mortgages, loans and credit cards for four months with no application required.
- We can help with increases to your credit card limit.
- If you are behind on your credit card payments, your card will not be cancelled and we will provide you with 0% APR for 6 months and 0% default pricing.
- ATM fees will be reversed for two months.
- There will be no holds on insurance cheques provided they are sent to a branch. Please deposit your cheques in the branch to avoid any ATM holds.
- Special accommodations will be made for our affected small business and commercial clients.
We continue to support your community:
To further help the community, we are donating $2 million to provide emergency support in the region, which includes a previous donation from BMO of $100,000 to the Canadian Red Cross. We are also accepting donations at all BMO Bank of Montreal branches across Canada.
Please contact us today to discuss how we can help with your financial needs following the fires. You can reach one of our colleagues via our Customer Contact Centre at BMO.com or 1-877-225-5266.