Regardless of your health status, if you're between 40 and 75, Guaranteed-Life Plus insurance allows you to be covered immediately1 with no medical questions asked. Have the comfort of knowing that you're covered for the rest of your life as long as you continue to pay your premiums. You'll be able to provide funds to the important people in your life when you're gone.
- Up to $50,000 in basic benefit coverage
- Up to $250,000 in Accidental Death Benefit coverage
- Choose the premium that's right for you, from $20 to $120 per month2
- Accidental Death Benefit coverage starts immediately once we receive your application
- You're eligible regardless of your health status
- Easy claims process for beneficiaries
- A tax-free cash benefit3 for your beneficiary to use however they choose
- Basic Benefit provides tax-free cash paid directly to your beneficiary following your death. In the first two years, the basic benefit is the amount of premiums paid
- Accidental Death Benefit will pay your beneficiary five times your basic benefit if you die as a result of a covered accident and Accidental Death Benefit coverage ends when you turn 85
- Guaranteed coverage. No health questions are asked and no medical exam is required when you apply
- At age 95, you no longer have to pay premiums but your coverage remains in place until you pass away
- 30-day free look. Cancel any time within the first 30 days with no further obligation
What's not covered
Benefits will not be paid if:
- You provide false, incorrect or incomplete information during the application process
- Your death results from suicide within two years after you get your policy.
In addition, the Accidental Death Benefit isn't payable if your death occurs directly or indirectly from
- The use of drugs or the influence of alcohol
- War or civil disorder
- The commission or an attempt to commit, a criminal offence
- Canadian residents ages 40 to 75
- Lifetime coverage as long as you continue to pay your premiums up to age 954
- Guaranteed acceptance
How to buy
- Apply over the phone or online
- Pay premiums monthly or yearly by credit card or automatic withdrawal from your bank account
Insurance issued by BMO Life Assurance Company
- Coverage for the full Accidental Death Benefit starts as soon as your policy becomes effective and continues until you turn 85. Death must occur within 90 days of the accident. During the first two years, the basic benefit is equal to the monthly payments you've made. After this time, it's in full force (the amount you have chosen) for the rest of your life.
- Coverage is based on premium level chosen, gender, age and smoking status at time of enrollment.
- Under current tax legislation. Any interest earned during the claims process may be taxable.
- Accidental Death Benefit coverage ends when you turn 85.