Accidents can happen at any place and any time. Serious accidents can result in broken bones, burns and even paralysis. The last thing you and your loved ones want to worry about is expenses while you're recovering. Take comfort in knowing that with FractureCare Plus accident insurance you'll receive a cash benefit to use however you want. Plus, you're covered as soon as we receive your completed application and you pay your first premium.
- Tax-free1 cash benefits paid to you if you have an accident that results in Broken BonesFracture: A break in a bone or cartilage listed in the Schedule of Benefits., BurnsSecond Degree Burns: Burns which penetrate beyond the top layer of skin, causing the formation of blisters. Third Degree Burns: Burns which destroy full skin thickness., DislocationsDislocation: The displacement of a bone at a joint listed in the Schedule of Benefits and requiring surgery under anaesthesia. or Paralysis2Paralysis: A definite diagnosis of the total loss of muscle function of two (2) or more limbs as a result of an Injury to the nerve supply of those limbs that lasts for a period of at least 90 consecutive days following the Accident. The diagnosis of Paralysis must be made by a qualified medical practitioner specializing in Neurology licensed to practice in the jurisdiction where the medical services are performed.
- Freedom and flexibility to pay for rehabilitation, private nursing, housekeeping, utility bills, groceries, transportation or any other expense you choose
- You're covered immediately as soon as your application is received and you pay your first premium
- Your beneficiary can receive a tax-free cash benefit in case of your accidental death3
|The following benefits are payable as the result of an accident|
|Injury||Choose from 3 benefit levels|
|Accidental Paralysis:||Level 1||Level 2||Level 3|
|Loss of use of two or more limbs||$62,500||$125,000||$187,500|
|All Fractures to:||Level 1||Level 2||Level 3|
|2. Hip, Pelvis||$5,000||$10,000||$15,000|
|4. Thigh, Heel, Upper Arm||$2,500||$5,000||$7,500|
|5. Ankle, Lower Leg, Elbow, Shoulder Blade||$2,185||$4,375||$6,560|
|6. Lower Jaw, Collarbone||$1,875||$3,750||$5,625|
|7. Lower Arm, Wrist||$1,560||$3,125||$4,685|
|8. Vertebrae (each)||$1,250||$2,500||$3,750|
|9. Sternum, Kneecap, Cheekbone||$935||$1,875||$2,810|
|10. Hand (excluding fingers, thumbs and wrists), Foot (excluding toes and heel), Coccyx||$625||$1,250||$1,875|
|12. Ribs (each)||$185||$375||$560|
|13. Toes, Thumbs, Fingers (each)||$60||$125||$185|
|Dislocations (requiring surgery under anesthesia; limit of one payment will be made for each dislocation event during any 12-month period)||Level 1||Level 2||Level 3|
|1. Hip, Knee, Wrist, Elbow, Ankle, Shoulder Blade, Collarbone or Jaw||$1,250||$2,500||$3,750|
|3. Toes or Fingers||$60||$125||$185|
|Burns (Second or Third Degree)||Level 1||Level 2||Level 3|
|1. 27% or more of body surface||$3,750||$7,500||$11,250|
|2. 18 - 26% of body surface||$2,500||$5,000||$7,500|
|3. 9 - 17% of body surface||$1,875||$3,750||$5,625|
|4. 1 - 8% of body surface||$935||$1,875||$2,810|
|Accidental Death||Level 1||Level 2||Level 3|
- Lump sum cash benefits for accidental bone FracturesFracture: A break in a bone or cartilage listed in the Schedule of Benefits., Second or Third Degree BurnsSecond Degree Burns: Burns which penetrate beyond the top layer of skin, causing the formation of blisters. Third Degree Burns: Burns which destroy full skin thickness., DislocationsDislocation: The displacement of a bone at a joint listed in the Schedule of Benefits and requiring surgery under anaesthesia. or Accidental ParalysisParalysis: A definite diagnosis of the total loss of muscle function of two (2) or more limbs as a result of an Injury to the nerve supply of those limbs that lasts for a period of at least 90 consecutive days following the Accident. The diagnosis of Paralysis must be made by a qualified medical practitioner specializing in Neurology licensed to practice in the jurisdiction where the medical services are performed.4
- Guaranteed acceptance and protection for life as long as you pay your premiums and until you receive the Paralysis Benefit5. All benefit amounts decrease by 50% when you turn 81
- No medical exam is necessary and you won't have to answer questions about your health to apply
- 30-day money-back guarantee
What's not covered
- You or your beneficiary will not receive any benefits if false, incorrect or incomplete information was provided during the application process.
- This insurance product will not cover you for a Pre-Existing injury, until you go one full year without treatment or advice for that injury. In the case of Fractures or Dislocations, the benefit will not be paid if before the coverage starts you are diagnosed with a disease or condition that caused weakening of the bones.
If you are first diagnosed with either osteoporosis or bone disease after the policy effective date, a lifetime maximum will apply. All other benefits stay the same.
The benefit amount is based on your level of coverage.
You will not receive benefits if the injury or death is caused by or results from:
- Suicide or a self-inflicted injury
- The use of drugs or the influence of alcohol
- Civil disorder
- Committing or attempting to commit a criminal offence
- War or participation in active duty in the armed forces
- Air travel, as a pilot or crew member or if you are not a fare-paying passenger
- Burns caused by or as a result of sunburn and/or use of a suntanning machine;
- Racing, scuba diving, sky diving, parachuting, rock or mountain climbing, hang gliding or bungee jumping
- A workplace injury if you are a high steel construction worker, underground miner, oil rig worker, power line worker or logger
This information is only a summary. Actual terms, exclusions and limitations are explained in the policy.
- Canadian residents ages 50 to 75 can enrol
- You're automatically covered when we receive your premium
- Lifetime coverage as long as you continue to pay your premiums or you receive the Paralysis Benefit. All benefit amounts decrease by 50% when you turn 81
How to buy
- Apply over the phone or online
- Pay premiums monthly or yearly by credit card or automatic withdrawal from your bank account
Insurance issued by BMO Life Assurance Company
- Under current tax legislation. Any interest earned during the claims process may be taxable .
- Lifetime Coverage. Benefit amounts are reduced to 50% when you turn 81.
- Accidental Death Benefit is paid if you die as a result of an accident provided death occurs within 90 days of the accident.
- FractureCare Plus does not pay you a defined cash payment for a pre-existing injury or condition.
- All coverage ends once you receive the Paralysis Benefit.