This card is for you, if...
...you love to travel or want to stick to a budget.
...you want a safe, convenient alternative to cash or traveller's cheques.
...you'd like the convenience of a credit card with no interest.
The BMO Prepaid Travel MasterCard gets you:
- A convenient payment card loaded with your own money – use everywhere MasterCard®* is accepted, over 30 million locations in Canada and worldwide
- Easy to load and reload your card from your bank account1
- A great budgeting tool for travel or everyday purchases. Spending and cash withdrawals are limited to the amount you load on your prepaid card
- Free protection from both theft and fraudulent use of your BMO MasterCard2
- Security and purchase protection features included with every BMO MasterCard – with no interest charges
Fees and Rates:
- $6.95 Annual fee
- No Interest charges
Enjoy the benefits of a credit card – safe, convenient access to spending money – without paying interest. An easy way to make purchases and cash withdrawals around the corner or around the world at more than 30 million locations worldwide.
- Not a credit card – but a payment card loaded with your own money that comes with the same built-in security features as any BMO MasterCard – with no interest charges
- Funds you load into the account do not expire – If a balance remains on the account when your card expires, we will refund the balance of the account to the primary cardholder on request, less any applicable fees.
- Make purchases wherever MasterCard is accepted – 30 million locations worldwide. And cash withdrawals from any of the one million ATMs worldwide that accept MasterCard.
- Enjoy PIN protection – You will receive your PIN (Personal Identification Number) 5-10 business days after you receive your prepaid card
- Load funds easily (from $100 to $10,000 CDN) – from your Canadian bank account as a bill payment1
- Enjoy free protection from both theft and fraudulent use of your BMO MasterCard with our Zero Dollar Liability program2
- Get free extended warranty and purchase protection: Items bought with your card are automatically insured against theft for 90 days. And you save the cost of buying extended warranty insurance – you're already covered.3
- Save the cost of buying optional extended warranty insurance on your next purchase by paying with your BMO Prepaid Travel MasterCard. This coverage doubles the original manufacturer's warranty period up to a maximum of one additional year.
- Get added protection – items bought with your card are automatically insured against theft or damage for 90 days from date of purchase.
Zero Dollar Liability
- In case the unexpected should happen, enjoy free protection from both theft and the fraudulent use of your card. If your card is used without your authorization, you will not be liable if you notify us within 24 hours (among other criteria).
If your card is used without your authorization, you will not be liable if: you did not knowingly contribute to the unauthorized use; you used reasonable care to keep your card safe from loss, theft or misuse; you kept your PIN confidential and separate from your card; you notify us by telephone within 24 hours if you learn of the loss, theft or misuse of your card, or if you know or suspect that someone else knows your PIN; there has not been more than one unauthorized use of your card in the last 12 months, and your account is in good standing. If you don't meet these criteria, you will be liable for all charges incurred in connection with the unauthorized use.
Help Around the World and Lost or Stolen Card Replacement Funds from MasterCard Global Service®*
Enjoy peace of mind when travelling around the world. You can call us 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and we'll connect you with a representative who speaks your language, and can help with:
- Lost or stolen cards
- Emergency replacement cards or up to $1,000 in emergency funds
- Locate an ATM, and more
To save you time, here's a convenient page of resources that outlines everything you need to know about your BMO Prepaid Travel MasterCard terms, costs, cardholder rights and benefits.Important Information on Rates and Fees
Key information about your BMO Prepaid Travel MasterCard, such as the latest fees, interest rates, grace period, minimum payment, foreign currency conversion, and more.
A detailed explanation of your rights and responsibilities as a BMO Prepaid Travel MasterCard cardholder.
A detailed explanation of the rules and provisions that govern your BMO Prepaid Travel MasterCard.
Ready to apply?
5 easy steps, only 5 minutes, safe & secure