RIF Payment Calculator - Your calculated RIF payment results.
* Minimum withdrawal percentages are subject to change.
** The maximum age for RIF analysis using this calculator is 100 years. Therefore,
the calculator will assume you will be paid a lump sum of RIF balance when you reach 100 years old.
*** For a new plan calculation, if the 'First Payment Date' falls within the same year
specified in the 'RIF Start Date', the required annual minimum payment is zero. Withholding tax will
be applied to the whole RIF payment amount.
- These results are based on information you have provided, including the rate of return
you have selected, and as such are for illustrative purposes only. The RIF Calculator is not
intended to provide tax advice and should not be relied upon in this regard. The accuracy and
applicability of these results to a particular case cannot be guaranteed. Individual
circumstances will vary and an accountant or financial advisor should be consulted.
- The required annual minimum payment is based on your age or your spouse's/common-law
partner's age on January 1st, and is calculated as a percentage of your RIF value at the
beginning of each year.
- RIF payments are considered taxable income. Withholding tax will be applied to the
portion of a RIF payment in excess of the required annual minimum payment for the year.
- The final RIF payment will be made when the desired RIF annual payment is greater than
or equal to the RIF balance plus interest.