Related Links / Downloads
Financial Reports & Other Important
Who Should Buy This Fund?
Consider this fund if:
- you want regular monthly cash flow with the potential for capital gains
- you are comfortable with low to medium investment risk (i.e. you are willing to accept some fluctuations in the market value of your investment)
- you plan to hold this investment for the medium to long term.
Investment Objectives and Strategies
This fund's objective is to provide a regular distribution by investing primarily in exchange traded funds and/or mutual funds that invest in fixed income and equity securities. The fund may also invest directly in fixed income or equity securities, and cash or cash equivalents.
These are the strategies the portfolio manager uses to try and achieve the fund’s objective:
- may invest up to 100% of the fund’s assets in securities of exchange traded funds and other mutual funds, including funds that are managed by us or one of our affiliates or associates
- may invest directly in fixed income and equity securities and cash or cash equivalents
- the underlying funds selected by the portfolio manager will invest primarily in Canadian and foreign fixed income and equity securities, and will be selected on the basis that they help the portfolio to achieve the same strategies that it uses when investing directly in those securities
- allocates assets among the underlying exchange traded funds and other mutual funds based on each underlying fund’s investment objectives and strategies, among other factors. The underlying funds as well as the percentage holding in each underlying fund, may be changed without notice from time to time
- may invest up to 45% of the fund’s assets in foreign fixed income securities
- the underlying funds may temporarily depart from their investment objectives by holding a portion of their assets in cash or short-term money market instruments and/or high quality fixed income securities while seeking investment opportunities or for defensive purposes to reflect economic and market conditions