Related Links / Downloads
Financial Reports & Other Important
Who Should Buy This Fund?
Consider this fund if:
- you want to reduce the impact of changing interest rates upon the income earned from your investment
- you want exposure to fixed income securities issued by Canadian corporations
- you are comfortable with low investment risk
- you plan to hold this investment for the medium to long term.
Investment Objectives and Strategies
This fund’s objective is to provide a relatively stable level of investment income consistent with a portfolio of Canadian fixed income securities, more or less equally allocated across maturities ranging from 1 to 5 years. This is commonly known as a "laddered" portfolio.
These are the strategies the portfolio manager uses to try to achieve the fund’s objective:
- invests primarily in Canadian corporate fixed income securities
- seeks to maintain an equally weighted allocation among annual maturities ranging from 1 to 5 years
- may invest in Canadian government fixed income securities
- may invest up to 10% of the fund’s assets in foreign securities
BMO Investments Inc. intends to waive a portion of the fees listed in the prospectus to meet a current target MER of approximately 1.47%. This current target MER could be subject to change should BMO Investments Inc. decide not to waive fees in future years.
Why Buy This Fund
- A laddered bond strategy spreads reinvestment risk over the long term and reduces the impact of changing interest rates by averaging them out