RDSP Investment Options
You can choose from a number of investment options for your RDSP, giving you the flexibility to build a plan most appropriate to your needs. BMO Financial Group offers a range of options to maximize the growth potential of your RDSP. How you decide to invest the money in your RDSP will depend on many factors – your tolerance for investment risk, the length of time you have to invest and when the money in the RDSP will be needed. Once you've decided on how to invest, take advantage of a regular investment program to contribute a smaller amount on a monthly basis and have it automatically invested for you right away.
Offers you security and flexibility while earning you a competitive rate of interest. Eligible for the Continuous Savings Plan that spreads your contribution over the year.
Interest RateClick here for current rates on cash savings
- Earn interest on every dollar
- Interest is calculated daily on the closing balance and paid monthly
- Eligible for CDIC deposit insurance up to applicable limits
- Transfer funds to invest in GICs and Mutual Funds at any time*
- Invest regularly by setting up a Continuous Savings Plan
- Rates are calculated on a per annum basis. Rates shown are subject to change without notice.
*provided minimum investment amount is met
BMO Guaranteed Investment Certificates (GICs)
GICs offer the combined benefit of principal protection and growth. The return of your original investment is guaranteed, and you'll receive a guaranteed rate of return. The rate depends on the GIC term you choose, and interest rates at the time you invest. Some GICs offer features such as market-linked returns, which provide potential for higher returns that depend on the performance of certain financial markets.
BMO Mutual Funds
Our wide selection of professionally managed mutual funds can meet all your investment needs. BMO Mutual Funds let you design a portfolio that suits your investment objectives and risk profile.
With BMO Mutual Funds you benefit from professional management, diversification, investment ease and convenience, and the opportunity for higher returns. Plus, there are no fees for purchases, switches and redemptions. BMO Mutual Funds are offered by BMO Investments Inc.
Our selection of individual funds includes:
Provide your investment portfolio with higher long-term return potential.
Maximize return potential.
Designed to help preserve your wealth and provide a modest level of income.
An excellent choice when you want investments to generate regular income.
These funds invest in U.S. dollars and provide your portfolio with diversified currency exposure.
We also offer investment choices that provide one-stop access to a portfolio of individual mutual funds.
For investors whose goal is tax-efficient accumulation of capital through features such as tax-deferred growth and tax-efficient monthly cash flow.
Innovative funds with target dates that meet your financial goals within a specific timeframe, while providing guaranteed protection of investment gains.
Exposure to the best of BMO Mutual Funds through a disciplined and structured investing approach.
Four core portfolios that provide exposure to the some of Canada's most respected mutual fund managers.
- BMO Application Form
- Government CDSG & CDSB Application - for individuals under 18
- Government CDSG & CDSB Application - for individuals 18 Years or Older
- Government RDSP Transfer Form
- Government Rollover to a RDSP Form
- Request for a RDSP to be Designated by Election as a Specified Disability Savings Plan (SDSP)
- Request to extend the life of an RDSP for up to five years if the beneficiary becomes DTC-ineligible
- Revocation of Request for Canada Disability Savings Grants and/or Canada Disability Savings Bonds
- Rollover from a Registered Education Savings Plan (RESP) to a Registered Disability Savings Plan (RDSP)
- RDSP Brochure (English / Chinese)
- RDSP Insert (English / Chinese)
- RDSP Guide (English / Chinese)
- RDSP FAQ