Foreign Exchange (FX)
You need the ability to monitor trends, execute transactions, and maintain flexible negotiations with international suppliers and distributors. Fluctuating exchange rates affect your competitiveness, profitability, and the valuation of your international operations. BMO has the global perspective and expertise to help you with pricing in all major and minor currencies, so that you can reduce foreign exchange risk and tap into new opportunities.
We hold a dominant position in the Canadian dollar FX market and we are top-ranked with large hedge and pension funds for institutional liquidity and pricing capacity. Whether you're hedging cash flows, speculating on currency or making an occasional cross-border transaction, our FX team can help you turn ambition into accomplishment.
- Canadian-dollar market making.
- North American hedging.
- Chinese transactions.
- 50+ tradable currencies and exotics, 100+ currency pairs.
- 24-hour trading desk.
- Structured risk management solutions, including derivatives, swaps and options.
- Options seminars.
Manage Foreign Exchange from your PC
Online Banking for Business can help you stay on top of FX transactions and manage your daily cash flow and cross-border business. Through our Online Banking for Business platform, you can:
- Access spot, forward and FX quotes in real-time within seconds.
- Execute instant buy and sell trades on more than 50 currency pairs from 7:30am-9:00pm ET daily, and Fridays from 7:30am – 6:30pm ET.
- Create easy-to-use wire templates for repetitive payment instructions.
- Book time option forwards with up to a 33-day window, allowing more flexibility with your payments.
- Take partial delivery of your time option forwards using drawdowns.
- Use swaps to extend an existing forward to a future date.
- Split an FX purchase between multiple suppliers.
- Review and track current and past foreign exchange activity and contracts.
- Set up and delete users in minutes using the self-serve administrative tools. You have full control and can set access and dollar limits for individual users.
- Learn More