FirstBank Business Investment Account
A FirstBank Business Investment Account can be an integral part of your business' overall investment strategy. It is a non-chequing savings account designed to complement a business operating account. It can provide your business with market rates of return while still preserving ready access to your funds. Find out how to switch your banking hassle free.
Account features that offer easy access to funds
- Earn interest without locking in your money.
- Available in either Canadian or U.S. dollars1.
- Electronic and branch deposits, withdrawals and transfers between accounts are allowed. Cheques are not permitted.
- Interest paid on Canadian or U.S. balances of between $1,000 and $5,000,000. We would be pleased to discuss other investment options should balances exceed the upper limit.
- Interest on both Canadian and U.S. dollar accounts is earned daily and paid monthly at an annual rate.*
- Access to the account is available across all BMO Bank of Montreal® channels (branch, online, telephone and ATM).
- Monthly eStatement provided.
- Service fees
Account Fees2: Pay only for the services you use
|Currency of Account, interest fees payable in:||CDN$||US$|
|Deposit fee per transaction3|
|Point of sale||$1.00||N/A|
|Debit card return/reversal||Free||N/A|
|Pre-authorized credits/Electronic Funds Transfer||$1.00||$1.00|
|Deposit contents fees|
|Notes (currency) on deposit (per $1,000)||$2.25||$2.25|
|Coin on deposit (per $100, USD accepted at CDN $ par)||$2.25||$2.25|
|Items on deposit – (per item, e.g. cheque) – Value for U.S. dollar items deposited to U.S. dollar accounts will be delayed from one to three business days to allow for clearing and international settlement.||$0.20||$0.20|
|Account debit per transaction3|
|Pre-authorized payment/Electronic Funds Transfer||$1.00||$1.00|
|Debit card purchase||$1.00||N/A|
|Bill payment (branch or via debit card)||$1.00||$1.00|
|Customer Initiated transfer via branch or via debit card||Free||Free|
|Monthly Account Administration Fee||$2.00||$2.00|
|Monthly Paper Statement Fee||$2.00||$2.00|
|Fee (per statement cycle) if statement produced more frequently than account standard||$5.00||$5.00|